Boss electronic bypass switch PCB design: I made it! Here it is...

Started by Morocotopo, April 08, 2006, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denio

Yeah,also here in Bulgaria,finding a 3pdt is impossible.  :icon_evil:
I am building one of these as well.I used a 2 color led(red&green) for the two states of the circuit.
BTW.What kind of momentary switch are you using?You mentioned it is meant for electrical purposes but what kind exactly ?

maiko

CONFIRMED

This circuit works.   you wont be able to test it thru a continuity test but it works.   Omit R5 and D3 as this is useless and
will only add confusion

I still have some leakage issues but i believe this is just a few tweaks.   will update as soon as finaliZed

Morocotopo

Dear Lord!! I made this 9 years ago!!

:icon_eek:

I´m getting old.

Glad it works for someone. Don´t omit D3, it´s D2 and R5 that can be omitted (should be omitted, actually).

The PCB should be updated, it´s possible to make it much much smaller, so it doesn´t take as much space in the box. This was one of my first PCB designs, if not the first one. Ah, the memories...

;D

Morocotopo

maiko

I did some changes though

i change the buffer transistor from 732 to 2n5088 which makes for a correct pinout to use with the pcb and to my ears a better buffer

I also change c1 to .01uf and c22 to .47uf  Also the biasing resistors next the the 1n4148 may need tweaking depending on you effect circuit.    Drive pedals may require less resistance.   otherwise during bypass a little amount of the effect will leak.   it would be best to maybe use a trimpot here for the fine tuning