Military pdf of electronics manufacturing techniques

Started by Incubus, April 15, 2006, 03:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incubus

I found a file that has alot of info about the absolute correct way to do things from lead bending to soldering and heaps of other stuff as well.

This outlines how it's done in the military......it's from a military site...don't worry, as stated on the site, it's approved for public release.

The file is at:

http://www.robins.af.mil/logistics/LGEDA/Documents/TechOrds/00-25-234_MC-34.pdf

It's 6 meg.

The page is at:

http://www.robins.af.mil/logistics/LGEDA/Documents/00series.htm

( I included the page because there are many other files as well ).

The home page is at:

http://www.robins.af.mil/index.htm

The following is info about the base:

"Robins Air Force Base is the home of Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, the 78th Air Base Wing, and more than 60 other units that make up a vital part of the Air Force war fighting team. It is the largest industrial complex in Georgia, employing a work force of over 25,584 civilian, contractor, and military members. We are proud of our greater community we call Team Robins Plus that includes the remarkable support and friendship we receive from the people of Middle Georgia!"

The thing that struck me about the info in the pdf is that it's exactly the way I was taught to do things when I was studying electronics for my certificate.

The other thing that I noticed was that whenever I've worked in the industry, no company I've been with has used these techniques......basically because it would take too long and cost too much.

Before you start reading it, make sure you have aspirin handy.

JimRayden

Sounds like a great doc but I can't open the links or save the pdf.

-----------
Jimbo

Incubus

I tried it again and it's still working here man.....not sure what the prob may be.

Peter Snowberg

I got it here just fine. Not being able to save the file sounds odd.

Thanks for the warning Incubus. I had Aspirin on hand it, and it was needed.  :icon_surprised:

Also thanks for the post!

I've done a lot of work on 1950s vintage Army hardware (built by Bell) and the performance they achieved was just amazing for how the equipment looked. The attention to detail was very impressive and the performance was unheard of at the time in the civilian world. Neatness and detail do count.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

JimRayden

Anyone care to upload it to another server?

Your country doesn't seem to allow other countries to see their military pages. ::)

----------
Jimbo

Incubus

JimRayden

cd

Run Torpark a couple of times until you get a US based IP address, then download it from there.

Incubus

I'm about to check out for the evening......I'll check back later to see if you've been able to get it......if not, I'll send it to you......let me know either way in here.

It will be yours.....oh yes.....it will be yours.

Incubus

MartyMart

I got it fine in the UK
Very Interesting stuff .... talk about "attention to detail" !!

Thanks,

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jim_inme

im in the UK too, but i cant seem to get onto the site, nevermind the PDF.

Dont you just love computers  ::)
Looking For: Boss GT-3, good condition, reasonable price.

JimRayden

That RapidShare sure is an intelligence test. "Find the necessary information from the following meaningless pile of words."

I got the file, thanks cd. One Mil-spec stompbox, coming right up! :D

-----------
Jimbo

Satch12879

Quote from: Incubus on April 15, 2006, 03:04:06 PM

This outlines how it's done in the military......it's from a military site...don't worry, as stated on the site, it's approved for public release.

It better be; we paid for it.
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com

Dai H.

thx for the link! fwiw, not in the US here, but was able to download it just fine.