MN3102 and MN3207??? Uses???

Started by psiico, April 15, 2006, 08:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psiico

I was at my local electronics shop today and noticed they had some of these IC's.  I remembered reading about MN300* IC's for use in delays and flangers but didn't recognize those numbers so I didn't buy any.  I did write them down though and I just looked them up, seems they are modern equivilants for the older MN300* chips.

So what can I build with them!?!?!?! :icon_biggrin:  Can someone point me to a couple of interesting schematics that use these chips or tell me which ones exactly they would replace and how, ie. what changes in pinouts or whatever? 

Now if only this store would get some 100k pots in stock (sold out for a month now) they'd be really good.  So far I've been able to find just about everything I've needed.  No LDR's or audio transformers but they have everything else it seems.  No 3PDT stompswitches though.  :icon_sad:

cd

Practically every analog chorus or flanger made in the '80s and '90s used those chips.  Click on the schematic link above and read geofex.com for more info.

Peter Snowberg

Type the number of any part into Google along with the word datasheet for more info, or into the search function here for LOTS of references.  :icon_biggrin:
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Mark Hammer

The current Maxon Analog Delay uses 8 of these chips (MN3207 or equivalent), so obviously *somebody* has a use for them.  The Boss BF-2 flanger also uses one.

nelson

There was a Small clone esque design using these low voltage clock + BBD chips.

The link was posted in a thread about using MN3207 + MN3201 in the small clone.

Do a search for it.

That would be my choice.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

psiico

Yeah, I should have searched first.  I should know better, I moderate a forum myself, lol.

I know I've seen schematics that use MN3001 or MN3002 or whatever, I just can't think of having seen any that specifically use MN3102 and MN3207.  What I'm most concerned about is which one replaces what from those old designs.

8 chips Mark?  At $5 each Cdn that'd end up being an expensive build!

Mark Hammer

Well yes it would.  Which is why the pedal is pretty pricey.

If you are assuming a Canadian price, can I inquire where your "local" place is, and if it may be in Mississauga?

nelson

Sorry I didnt mean for my post to come across as an obligatory "Use the search function".

I took the time to search, keywords "Italian MN3207"

One and only thread returned tossed up this schematic link.

http://www.diyitalia.com/index/schematic/Guitar%20FX/Luix%20Chorus.gif

Thats what I was talking about.

From DIYitalia.com

I would say if you were going to build a chorus from these BBD's build that.

Enjoy.

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

lowstar

speaking of italy...
...boss dimension c chorus uses two pairs of 3102/3207 + one ne570 compander
project can be found at alex pedriniĀ“s cool site http://topopiccione.atspace.com/PJ18BossDC2.html

+1 on the bf-2, too.

cheers,
lowstar
effects built counter: stopped counting at 100

psiico

No it's downtown Toronto.  I found them by accident on my way to Active Surplus about a month ago, good thing too since they moved a week after I found them.  They are at College and Spadina now, had I not passed it on Queen St.  I'd never go by there since I live in Scarborough.  They have an uncountable number of those little 2 inch by 6 inch drawers, filled with all sorts of goodies.  I forget the name of the place, it's a tiny hole in the wall but packed with compnents.

Mark Hammer

That would be Supremetronic, then.  Their website actually indicates resituating to two locations, one of which is in Scarborough, believe it or not.

psiico

They have a website?  Do you have a link?  If they have a Scarborough store I'd rather shop there, closer to me and all.  Maybe the Scar store will have 100k pots in stock too, lol.