Dano Daddy-o schematic (search button not working)

Started by wampcat1, April 20, 2006, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wampcat1

Does anyone know the link to the daddy-o schem that was on a russian messageboard?
Would'a searched but...um...yeah... :(

Thanks,
Brian

Bucksears

Hasn't it been narrowed down that the Daddy-O is actually a Marshall Guv'nor with a few minor modifications?
I'm just asking, because I was under that assumption and that's the only reason I haven't bothered with one.

- Buck

wampcat1

Quote from: Bucksears on April 20, 2006, 09:39:35 AM
Hasn't it been narrowed down that the Daddy-O is actually a Marshall Guv'nor with a few minor modifications?
I'm just asking, because I was under that assumption and that's the only reason I haven't bothered with one.

- Buck

Yes, it is, transmogrifex (?) has one on his site but he noted that the original is around somewhere, particularly on a russian DIY site somewhere. I don't speak russian very well (  :icon_lol: ) so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. It isn't a huge deal, I'd just like to find the orignal again if possible.  :icon_lol:

bw

cd

Quote from: wampcat1 on April 20, 2006, 08:05:47 AM
Does anyone know the link to the daddy-o schem that was on a russian messageboard?

Take it as a hint!  No soup for you!  Come back!  One year!

Buy the man with the great memory a cigar!  The switching is electronic.  And other little cost saving things that do not affect frequency response.  Otherwise the same.  Also if you know where to look, you can find the russian schematic in less than a minute (and NO, I don't mean the non-working search function :) )

RDV

wampcat1

Quote from: cd on April 20, 2006, 10:16:16 AM
Quote from: wampcat1 on April 20, 2006, 08:05:47 AM

Take it as a hint!  No soup for you!  Come back!  One year!

Buy the man with the great memory a cigar!  The switching is electronic.  And other little cost saving things that do not affect frequency response.  Otherwise the same.  Also if you know where to look, you can find the russian schematic in less than a minute (and NO, I don't mean the non-working search function :) )

Now that we all know you are *so* powerful, how bout posting the link.
:icon_rolleyes:

toneman

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

puretube

wampcat1

Quote from: toneman on April 20, 2006, 04:47:51 PM
here ???

http://www.geocities.com/transmogrifox/daddyo.html

Thanks -- I had found that one but the unaltered one is out there somewhere...it'd be nice if I could locate its but no biggie I s'pose.

bw

toneman

just learned this:

schematic = схема

So, wampcat1, U making money at this??

;)
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

wampcat1

Quote from: toneman on April 20, 2006, 10:12:12 PM
just learned this:

schematic = схема

So, wampcat1, U making money at this??

;)

Honestly, *just* enough to allow me to be a stay at home dad (my wife has a great job actually, with benefits and all that). Keeley is reported to making buttloads of money -- he said $250,000 last month. Honestly, I couldn't do what Robert is doing. Think about it for a second... waking up EVERY day and building the same pedals over and over and over. That's much too monotonous for my personality type. I actually enjoy writing books and sharing knowledge with people, somehow I'm able to make a living from various sorts of incomes. I have probably 10-12 different websites currently which bring in affiliate revenue, google adwords revenue, musicians friend revenue, not too mention selling my own products. Coupled with that, I have investment houses that I have renters in and occasionally I'll buy one and sell it.

That said, when I was doing more mods and pedal builds than writing about it, I was REALLY getting burned out.

$250,000 a month though? I don't believe it. I believe RK SOLD $250,000 worth of product...*MAYBE* in one month. If it were pedals though, he would've had to sell roughly 30-35 pedals a day. I suppose that is doable, but would you *really* want to build 30 ross compressors a day? ;)

bw

Jay Doyle

I know that if I were selling that many, I'd have some high-school electronics students in a back room somewhere doing all of the building.

At that amount of revenue, if it is true, you can hire someone else to do the monotonous stuff.