troublerats pedal board

Started by donald stringer, April 21, 2006, 08:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donald stringer

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v172/troublerat/?action=viewbucketstrips  This is my pedal board I have finished [except for a few technical details. I fabricated the enclosure in our shop so there is no shortage of materials. I used  .080 mill finish alum. which is fairly sturdy after making some breaks in it. It gets very rigid. The box in the center is my ABC switcher, one of the pictures shows the circuit used R.G keens cd3053 dpdt x2. Its a removable effect so it may be used on its own. The circuit works perfectly for my design and may be viewed  at GEOFEX . Its essentially an A/B box with a slight twist. I made one of the circuits jump through a hoop  by wiring in one additional spdt on the { A }  part of the switcher to give me { C }  out. For a total of two effects path available at the touch of a switch. At the end of  the circuit I chose the simple mixer X2 inputs for a clean buffer out. Later I will  be posting an block diagram of the circuit path, when I can make it look halfway professional. As for noise despite all thats said about pops and click with the cd 3053 I built it according to the design and it works perfectly. There is so much you can do with that one chip and a cheapo spdt. When it all was put together it worked the first power up, and I kid you not only the most discerning ears could tell the difference between the cmos and a mechanical dpdt.  { A } was whisper quiet. { B } with just a barely perceptible , not pop not a click more of a spluffing sound which to me was exceptable. The board was designed around the switcher, design features include  Boss comp [with wampcats mods] very nice, pre-q, two effetsloops[with an additional parrallel out, post q, pressettable output volume control. No mechanical dpdt were involved with the build.
troublerat

dano12

Whoa, very nice! I love the industrial look and how the switcher is integrated into the overall box. Very nice work and thanks for also link images of some the schematics/wiring diagrams. Good job.

David