Did all the DSPer DiSaPpear?

Started by calpolyengineer, April 21, 2006, 01:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calpolyengineer

There has been 2 posts in the last 5 days. Where is everybody?
There's a pseudo-contest going on and nobody cares? No one has any problems, no one has any discoveries?
What is this?

Also an aside: I think I have used more question marks in this post than in anything I have ever written.
Or have I??????

-Joe

bioroids

I don't know about DSP, but on the uC topic a lot of info was posted and I think we are all still digesting it!

Luck

Miguel
Eramos tan pobres!

Peter Snowberg

This section is naturally going to move a little slower but there is activity. I have only so much time these days and I've spent way too much of it having to moderate the main forum and lounge.

I got a bunch of name suggestions for the pseudo-contest but I have not picked a final one yet. Thanks to all who have entered! 8) 8) 8) I will make a choice when time permits so if anybody has any more entries....  :icon_wink:

The real DSP stuff will come later. Right now we're (as a group) picking up speed on microcontrollers and digital hardware. Andrew has written a number of articles on microcontrollers and some folks are still waiting on delivery of the STK500 kit from Atmel which will be at the core of a lot of the microcontroller learning effort here.

If you have any questions or you just won the Lotto and want to subsidize DSP development here, just post.  :icon_wink:

Someone earlier pointed out that a "critical mass" is probably required to make this section start to hop. Summer is coming in the Northern Hemisphere and with it, lots of hopping.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

David

Quote from: calpolyengineer on April 21, 2006, 01:42:45 PM
There has been 2 posts in the last 5 days. Where is everybody?
There's a pseudo-contest going on and nobody cares? No one has any problems, no one has any discoveries?
What is this?

Also an aside: I think I have used more question marks in this post than in anything I have ever written.
Or have I??????

-Joe

Stay cool, Cal.  We're still here.

Unbeliever

I'm saving for my STK500. You have to consider that this sort of 'new' line of development is long-term, and hence there's no rush to do things. If I can do some uC stuff in a year or two, it's good enough for me. Andrew's articles are good, and Peter's interface proposal is very thought-provoking.