Since I wanted to give Flangers a try and there isn't yet a layout for the 9V Mistress I decided to do one.
Basically, I just traced the original layout from Berdarddur's pics as I wanted to be as sure as possible to get it working (I read a lot about problems with clock noise...etc).
Although I believe that everything is fine I still have to check it.
Some Qs and comments:
* Is it a good idea to have the gnd connections as a "ground plane" ??
* from Bernard's pics it seems that the two 130k resistors at the input were replaced with a 5.6k and a 1M (maybe 2M) to vref. Actually there was another 5.6k added from the input jack to the input cap. I suppose this is the mod performed by EH on Bernard's unit to avoid (reduce) the volume drop of the unit.
Bernard: it would be great if you could check if the input cap is still 39n as in the schem.
* From the pics it also seems as if the 200 ohm resistor between gnd and ps gnd is not used. Instead ps gnd is connected directly gnd.
* Also it seems that there is an additional electrolytic added directly to the ps jack. The two other ps electrolytics seem to be quite large (and of the same size). Maybe they were changed to larger values. At least the 100µ seems to have the same value as the 220µ (Bernard?)
* The funny thing is that I can't find the output wire although I really studied the pics very carefully. The pad that is connected to the 510R, the 8k2 and the 13k is not connected to any wire. Any ideas??
* Do you think it's OK to replace the 82n near the output with a 100n???
* In the schem by Francisco a 1M-C (this is reverse log??) is indicated for Rate, In the deluxe version at ggg a 1M log. Considering that the LFO section is more or less the same: which one gives the better response?? OK, I think I solved this one
* Edit: one more: Would it make sense to add two resistors for gain control to the input buffer stage (to compensate for the volume drop when in true bypass??)
Thanks to Francisco, Stephen and Bernard for posting the schems and pics, btw!!
Comments on how to improve the layout are highly appreciated!
Once I've checked everything I'll post the complete stuff.
Thanks for your help in advance!