rfi filter on superbuffer?

Started by sopapo, April 26, 2006, 11:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sopapo

Hello,do you feel that it would be necessary to put a rfi filter on the input or on the output of the super buffer?

Which would be the right  fc cut? 40 khz or above?

Thanks for your time

Roobin

Could use 40kHz.

Jsut wondering, what's the lowest frequency you can cut, which will not have any effect on the tone. If you cut at just above 20kHz, will it effect treble?

cd

Quote from: Roobin on April 26, 2006, 11:38:19 AM
Could use 40kHz.

Jsut wondering, what's the lowest frequency you can cut, which will not have any effect on the tone. If you cut at just above 20kHz, will it effect treble?

The highest fundamental your guitar puts out is around 5khz or so, assuming you have a 24 fret guitar.  If you think your guitar has a 7th harmonic, 40khz would cover that nicely.  In reality after bashing an electric guitar for years you probably can't hear a 24th fret 5th harmonic, let alone a 7th, and your amp can't reproduce anything above 6 or 7khz either.

Then again most radio frequencies are in the MHz range, with an exception being AM radio which is in the Khz range (500+ khz), and the radio time thing, which is 60khz (I think), and boat radio frequencies, which are around 15khz to 200khz, and then the buoys/markers on the water which are even lower (in the audio range I think).

What was the question again? :)

sopapo

Thanks for your answer cd.....The question was if  it worth to put a filter on the input or output of thr super buffer... to minimize the ocasional rfi noise or residual noise...

the superbuffer is the most trasnparent buffer that I have tested,I try it with th tl072 ,6204,lm 833,2134 and I think that with the tl072 sound the best.....

Have somebody have good results with other ic? more transparent?

chunks717

is this the amz 4 op-amp (or so) buffer?

sopapo

Yes,but I am using it only with 2 opamp ( a dual tl072 )........