confused about pulsar tremollo (about the rate pot)

Started by SuperGeo, April 29, 2006, 07:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperGeo

Hello

Built the pulsar, very nice tremolo, no problems at all... no ticking, oscillator noise and no noise when on bypass too. works very nice

BUT the rate pot is really difficult to set acurately. it goes from 'bit fast to most fast possible" in a very small turn, I think this is a known problem, but anyone has the solution?

Reading the build reports at tonepad, someone in there found an error in the layout, and made a correction for it(said that it would fix the rate pot problem). Comparing the layout with the schematic, yes there's a mistake.

but read some posts in here that was about the schematic in the pdf being incorrect, but layout was right. So there's no use for the correction, because the layout was right...

in the end I made the correction, cutted, jumpered and...  The rate pot is still too sudden. The rate seems to be increased, at max it's like a machine gun, very fast but when the depth pot is fully backwards I can still hear a considerably variation of volume (before I had no tremolo at all).

Well, It's just my experience the question is There is something I can do about the rate pot? I like it very much but it makes very difficult to use it.

markm

Try using a linear pot.
I think that's what I did in my build but, can't remember.
  MarkM

SuperGeo

I finished wiring the pot  changing the lugs 1 and 3. It made the control work backwards but now I can control better the rate. Strange thing is that wiring the pot this way before the fix, it seemed to have no difference at all and the response was the same