News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

FCC Codes: Sensitivity

Started by no one ever, April 30, 2006, 04:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no one ever

I recently recieved an RC-20XL (and love it), however, this is the only product I have ever recieved with the FCC "interference" codes on it that I've had trouble with. Trouble with what? RFI.

It picks up my cell phone's ring from about 3-4ft away, and I can hear nearby radio devices ticking and that sort of thing...

Any idea exactly how lenient the FCC is on sensitive digital devices like these?

On a side note, what do you think it needed that FCC certification for?
(chk chk chk)

Peter Snowberg

The search DB is buggered right now ???, but here's a thread about part 15.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=42399.0
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

no one ever

Quote from: Peter Snowberg on April 30, 2006, 04:43:10 PM
The search DB is buggered right now ???, but here's a thread about part 15.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=42399.0

I've read that, but I was wondering where in a loop pedal those high-cycles would exist... there's no "effect".
(chk chk chk)

puretube

The Tone God

Quote from: no one ever on April 30, 2006, 04:55:26 PM
I've read that, but I was wondering where in a loop pedal those high-cycles would exist... there's no "effect".

It's probably a "cover your ass" thing. They might have their own facilities or a bulk testing deal with their tester so they get everything tested.

Andrew

SeanCostello

Picking up your cell phone's ring may not be directly related to your pedal, but more a sign of how powerful your cell phone signal is.

I work with Mackie monitors on, and my cell phone sends out a very powerful signal to the speakers. What is REALLY scary is that sometimes the speakers pick up the celltone ring when they are not turned on.

Not sure if cell phones are really that smart of a thing to put next to your brain...

Sean Costello

no one ever

Had the same phone since Christmas, haven't had a problem like this before...  :icon_neutral:

I think its cool that if you hold up your cellphone's (or any small speaker for that matter) speaker to a pickup, it picks up whatever is playing... ahh, the wonderful world of magnets.
(chk chk chk)