tremolo mods: half/ full speed, hard/ soft depth.

Started by Fuzzdawg, May 01, 2006, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

I may not be paying full attention so please correct me if that's the case. It would seem we've solved the 1/2 speed and/or dual rate issue, but what about the hard/soft tremolo a la Fulltone? It's been awhile since I've played a Supa-Trem, but aren't there two distinct tremolo waveforms available in the pedal?
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

RDV

Please excuse earlier comment.

Grumpy day.

RDV

Steve C

Quote from: skiraly017 on May 03, 2006, 01:46:10 PM
aren't there two distinct tremolo waveforms available in the pedal?

No, the hard soft switch on the Supa-Trem makes the Mix knob a heavier or less heavy "blend" by switching where the pulse part of the circuit is in relation to the output of the circuit.

R.G.

What this needs is the voltage controlled up/down ramping LFO mod I mentioned in the questions about the Easyvibe. It works for tremolos too.

Half/double is trivial at any point in the speed dial.

I just did a design on the Easy Rotor Vibe, I guess I need to go do an EAsy Rotor Tremolo.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Steve C

Quote from: Fuzzdawg on May 02, 2006, 12:28:14 PM
i have figured out, thanks to mostly skiraly, that for the 1/2 speed switch, i need to as a resistor in a switch that is half the value of the pot.

does anyone know if it's the same for the depth?  for instance, the depth pot for the tremolo is a 1 Meg pot.  would a 510k resistor be what i need for a good "hard/ soft" switch?  or should it be a lower (or higher) value?

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36736.0