DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: bancika on January 30, 2011, 04:33:07 AM
it opens v1 files but only reads those components that are available at the moment.
Btw, I added two type of transistors and LED, stay tuned  :icon_wink:
They are not available in the 3.0.4 beta version!!!! you have to post a new version with that components??? please!!!! thanks you have doing a best work!!!!!

bancika

Quote from: mhartington on January 30, 2011, 10:59:05 AM
So i just downloaded it and when i tried to open it I got a message that said there was an error and the file couldn't be open. I read the note on the site about having to do something with the MAC terminal but...to quote Mccoy in some sense, im a diy pedal maker, not a computer exert  :D How do fix the mac problem?

open the terminal, type cd <path to diylc directory>
then type ./run.sh

cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

mhartington

Quote from: bancika on January 30, 2011, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: mhartington on January 30, 2011, 10:59:05 AM
So i just downloaded it and when i tried to open it I got a message that said there was an error and the file couldn't be open. I read the note on the site about having to do something with the MAC terminal but...to quote Mccoy in some sense, im a diy pedal maker, not a computer exert  :D How do fix the mac problem?

open the terminal, type cd <path to diylc directory>
then type ./run.sh

cheers

im doing that and i keep getting "no such file or directory exsist"

bancika

did you extract all the files from the zip? You should have diylc.jar, lib directory with a couple of files and library with one more.
Also, do you have java 1.6 installed? It definitely works on mac, few people have confirmed.
cheers

bancika

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on January 30, 2011, 11:01:16 AM
They are not available in the 3.0.4 beta version!!!! you have to post a new version with that components??? please!!!! thanks you have doing a best work!!!!!

3.0.5 is out, knock your self out :)

phector2004

Cool! I like the template idea

It would be nice if the component defaults could change between stompbox-sized and amp-sized depending on eyelet/perfboard, etc

Keep up the good work!

bancika

templates will be much more useful once I'm happy with the component set. I'll include a couple that can really save time in some situations and users will hopefully add theirs.
As for different defaults, you can do it now with two config.xml files (auto-created by the app). One with amp-sized defaults, other with stompbox or whatever. You'd just put the one you want to use, start the app and it reads defaults from there. Hope it makes sense.

fatfoohy

ahhh thank you, that fixed it!
Edit: i just downloaded 3.0.5, and it's sweet! i love how the resistor color codes change
having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!

GodSaveMetal

Yeah the new version 3.0.5 it alright but Wat happens with the recognition of the led with version 1?? it's not compatible???

bancika

deadastronaut

could you add the ability to import pictures of scarlett johannsen cooking a casserole......  :icon_mrgreen::icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: bancika on January 31, 2011, 04:55:47 AM
ok, ok, relax  :icon_rolleyes:

Excuse me and thanks!!!!  for all your work!!!!!! your great!!!!LET THE FORCE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bancika

Big Dan

Hi,

Looking forward to trying out your awesome program!

Edit---figured out my problem...run as admin... :icon_mrgreen:

vendettav

nice software actually. im using the new one...
the only thing was errm could you add sockets for trannies or something?? or meh whatever it's already supercool ;)
check my music HERE

Shredtastic psycho metal!

GodSaveMetal

I tried the new version and it is approx 90% compatible to the V1; the potentiometers and the switches are not compatible with the new version; the LED are yet compatible!!! great work congratulations Its easy to work!!!! and more speedy!!!!! thanks a lot forthese new instrument; I'm looking for the finalversion to do my METAL MUFF!!!!! please only this program can do this!!!!

jdub

Once again, Bancika, you've done a fantastic job.  Love the new look and functionality.  Kudos!  I envy your computer-fu.  :-*

Quick question:  the new version should open v2 files, correct?  I tried opening a couple and, while the viewing area shifted slightly as though a file was opening, nothing was displayed.  Is there somethinng that needs adjusted before v.2 files will open?

Thanks again!
A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kim

deadastronaut

my 2p worth..

i think i prefer the layout of version 1...with all the components and jacks etc...in the left column

but i like version 2 for drawing schematics.....great programs either way... just my preference i guess!..

now if we had the combination of all 3 and could choose which visual layout we prefered, and it was all backward compatible ..that would be superb.. :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bancika

Quote from: jdub on February 16, 2011, 12:02:49 PM
Once again, Bancika, you've done a fantastic job.  Love the new look and functionality.  Kudos!  I envy your computer-fu.  :-*

Quick question:  the new version should open v2 files, correct?  I tried opening a couple and, while the viewing area shifted slightly as though a file was opening, nothing was displayed.  Is there somethinng that needs adjusted before v.2 files will open?

Thanks again!

Thanks man.

v2 import is still not functional, but will be.

Greenmachine

Thank you Branislav.  Excellent program and I look forward to using it.  :icon_biggrin: