DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrow

Submitted a few new "Issues" for you today Bancika :)

I got to get my development environment set up so I can help out on this project, so little time, so many things I want to do :(
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

bancika

saw the issues, some nice ones.
As far as developing goes, you're welcome to help out. Just let me know after you commit anything so I can do a quick code review to make sure that the change is in sync with the rest of the project. I plan to refactor a part of the app the concerns drawing. I'm working on a library that's supposed to make it easy to port code to android and other java based platforms that are not compatible with graphics2D. Here's the link http://code.google.com/p/sdf4j/
Tnx
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

bancika

the new version is up, a couple of new items and fixes

[Bug Fix] Auto-created solder pads aren't assigned with default settings and name
[Improvement] Component edit dialog allows changing property values even when they are not the same. Boxes are marked yellow to designate multi-valued state.
[Improvement] Component edit dialog should show mutual properties when components of different types are selected (e.g. curved trace and straight trace width)
[Improvement] Ctrl+click should not clear selection when clicked on the canvas
[Improvement] Increased PNG export resolution
[Improvement] Auto-increment component names when copy-pasting
[Improvement] Do not attempt to write auto-save files if user does not have permissions to create files
[Improvement] Allow zero ohm resistors
[New Feature] Outline mode that resembles PCB silkscreen
[New Feature] Double click on a component button in the toolbar selects all components of that type
[New Feature] Renumber selected components by X or Y axis
[New Feature] Recently used components in the toolbar for easy navigation

as always, it can be found here http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/downloads/list

Cheers,
Bane

GodSaveMetal

It's great there are the basic components but how i rotate a IC for example?? is there are a properties to do that??
THANKS you are great!!!!!

bancika

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: bancika on August 28, 2011, 07:27:17 PM
double click on ic and choose angle

It's OK !! is in the orientation in the dialogue box!! that's great, thanks MAN!!!!

crey

I looked through the thread and wasnt able to find a specific answer to my question, but I downloaded the current version, as well as the zip file with the collection of layouts, and
for the life of me, I've only found 2, maybe 3 of the layouts in the zip collection that will open without an error, or at all.
Am I missing something here?
I've set the ap to run in xp mode (im on 7), and as admin, and I'm still unable to load any of the layouts??
Again, if this has been addressed in the thread, I apologize, but I searched, and read almost every page since the new version and can't find anything on this issue.

Thanks for any and all help.

Perrow

New version, nice. See you fixed a couple of things reported by me  ;D

You could have told me about the renumber feature coming today, then I wouldn't have done that manually yesterday for my layout with 33 caps and 34 resistors  :icon_eek: ::)

Quote from: crey on August 28, 2011, 11:22:41 PM
I looked through the thread and wasnt able to find a specific answer to my question, but I downloaded the current version, as well as the zip file with the collection of layouts, and
for the life of me, I've only found 2, maybe 3 of the layouts in the zip collection that will open without an error, or at all.
Am I missing something here?
I've set the ap to run in xp mode (im on 7), and as admin, and I'm still unable to load any of the layouts??
Again, if this has been addressed in the thread, I apologize, but I searched, and read almost every page since the new version and can't find anything on this issue.

Thanks for any and all help.

The layout collection is for version 1.x and the v1 import in the current version is known to be less than perfect.

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Perrow

bancika

Perrow

Quote from: bancika on August 29, 2011, 04:25:08 AM
it's around 280dpi I think

Yeah, my bad. Paint.Net changed "size" to inches when I changed resolution to pixels per inch instead of pixels per centimeter.

280 dpi sounds about right, any special reason you didn't make it 300 even? Seems it would play better with most printers.

bancika

I didn't think that far :) I'll change it next time. PDF is much better for printing anyways :)

Perrow

Quote from: bancika on August 29, 2011, 07:22:29 AM
I didn't think that far :) I'll change it next time. PDF is much better for printing anyways :)

But when you want to modify the layout in another program it kinda sucks  ;)

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: Perrow on August 29, 2011, 10:33:03 AM
Quote from: bancika on August 29, 2011, 07:22:29 AM

But when you want to modify the layout in another program it kinda sucks  ;)

I work with WORD and it's great resolution! :icon_biggrin: Thanks bancika, and where's the jacks IN or OUT; and the DC IN symbol? ??? well; perhaps in another actualization of this incredible soft? ???  you are considering a mass background? ??? the soft is became incredible!

bancika

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: bancika on August 29, 2011, 11:45:55 AM
yeah, jacks are on my to do list
Cheers

Thanks BANCIKA for the to do list! :icon_biggrin: I'm tuned for more actualization's, It's great now but when I take an layout of V1 on this actual version the values of resistors, condensers are incomplete,the second value is lost!! the pots and trimmers too, there are not compatible at once;  I think that the 5 code resistors or an codecs of this version do that?  ??? well it easy to solution it putting by hand the value that it lost!!or putting the corresponding pot or trimmers too! :icon_lol: thank BANCIKA and all of you that make this program real!! thank man!!!!  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:

auden100

Hey, Bancika. I've been having a small problem. Wondering if you might know what it is.

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting a dialogue while I'm working in the DIYLC that tells me 'Could not save file autoSave.diy. Check the log for details.' It's pretty frequent.  The log doesn't make any sense to me, and I'm hoping you'll understand the problem.

I've updated the program, erased the config file, and re-installed everything. No change. Here is the last bit of my log as the dialogue popped up. Any ideas?

10:38:50,490  INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - setNewComponentSlot(null)
20:05:48,004 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - mouseClicked(java.awt.Point[x=888,y=703], false, false, false)
20:05:48,572 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - mouseClicked(java.awt.Point[x=930,y=448], false, false, false)
20:05:48,996 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragStarted(java.awt.Point[x=930,y=448])
20:05:49,309 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragEnded(java.awt.Point[x=961,y=563])
20:05:49,318  INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] UndoHandler - Undo state changed
20:05:49,319  INFO [pool-2-thread-1] Presenter - saveProjectToFile(autoSave.diy)
20:05:49,320 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragEnded(null)
20:05:50,084 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragStarted(java.awt.Point[x=915,y=419])
20:05:50,349 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragEnded(java.awt.Point[x=978,y=431])
20:05:50,353  INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] UndoHandler - Undo state changed
20:05:50,353  INFO [pool-2-thread-1] Presenter - saveProjectToFile(autoSave.diy)
20:05:50,354 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragEnded(null)
20:05:51,035 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragStarted(java.awt.Point[x=908,y=356])
20:05:51,221 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragEnded(java.awt.Point[x=939,y=363])
20:05:51,225  INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] UndoHandler - Undo state changed
20:05:51,225  INFO [pool-2-thread-1] Presenter - saveProjectToFile(autoSave.diy)
20:05:51,226 ERROR [pool-2-thread-1] Presenter - Could not save file
java.io.FileNotFoundException: autoSave.diy (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.diylc.presenter.ProjectFileManager.serializeProjectToFile(Unknown Source)
   at org.diylc.presenter.Presenter.saveProjectToFile(Unknown Source)
   at org.diylc.swing.plugins.autosave.AutoSavePlugin$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
20:05:51,226 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] Presenter - dragEnded(null)
20:09:54,570  INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] ActionFactory - SaveAction triggered
20:09:54,571 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] ActionFactory - Saving to C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\Electronics\U-Boat Sub-Oktave\MyLayout_v1.diy
20:09:54,572  INFO [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] Presenter - saveProjectToFile(C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\Electronics\U-Boat Sub-Oktave\MyLayout_v1.diy)
20:09:54,572  INFO [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] ProjectFileManager - saveProjectToFile(C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\Electronics\U-Boat Sub-Oktave\MyLayout_v1.diy)
20:09:56,158  INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] ConfigurationManager - Saving configuration
Illustrator by day. Pedal tinkerer by night.
www.artstation.com/auden

bancika

Did you try the latest version? It checks once if auto-save can be stored and if it fails doesn't do it anymore.
Do you have write permissions to folder where diylc is installed? If not, it could be the case that app cannot write there.

Perrow

Quote from: bancika on August 31, 2011, 04:51:21 AM
Did you try the latest version? It checks once if auto-save can be stored and if it fails doesn't do it anymore.
Do you have write permissions to folder where diylc is installed? If not, it could be the case that app cannot write there.

A setting for auto-save location?

auden100

It appears to have been a write-permission issue. I have no idea how that would've spontaneously changed, but it appears to have been the problem. Things are working smoothly now.

Thanks for your help, bancika.
Illustrator by day. Pedal tinkerer by night.
www.artstation.com/auden