Author Topic: DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts  (Read 752878 times)

DC9V

Anyone here still uses the old v2? I know folks from http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.rs/ still do.

I'm finishing up importer, so we can open v2 files in the latest v3 version hoping we can finally retire v2 for good :) Importer is not perfect, since component set is not exactly the same, but it should work fine in most cases.

If there's anyone who has v2 files let me know, so we can try and see how successful it is in real world.

Cheers,
Bane

Hi bancika,

First let ma thank you for your work on DIYLC. My knowledge of electronics is very basic but DIYLC has enabled me to design PCBs to build my own effects pedals, and I would never have been able to do it without this awesome piece of software.

I just got back into tinkering with FX circuits after a hiatus of a few years. On an old hard drive I found some circuits I had designed with DIYLC v2 beta. I tried to import them with DIYLC Gen3 v40.0 which I had just installed but to no avail; I kept getting the error "Could not open file XXX. Check the log for details."

Fortunately I also found the .zip with DIYLC v2 beta on the same HD so I was able to use it to open these files. But maybe it's a bit early to retire v2.x for people with old files not compatible with the newer versions ?

jellyjams

Tiny bug on 3.40.0: The default project font reverts to Tahoma if I ever undo with Ctrl+Z.

Keep up the good work ;)

Plexi

Re: DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts
« Reply #2442 on: September 01, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »
I would love some function that automatically fills all the ground traces.. like effectslayout blog layouts.
 :)
To you, buffered bypass suck tone.
To me, it suck my balls.

Hatredman

Re: DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts
« Reply #2443 on: September 01, 2017, 09:08:29 PM »
I would love some function that automatically fills all the ground traces.. like effectslayout blog layouts.

That would be nice indeed.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Plexi

« Reply #2444 on: September 01, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »

That would be nice indeed.
I know David (aka storybordist: a genius, btw) use Photoshop for that.
I use Paint
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:11:55 PM by Plexi »
To me, it suck my balls.

Perrow

« Reply #2445 on: September 08, 2017, 11:06:10 AM »
I use Paint

At least download paint.net free, simple and competent.

Plexi

« Reply #2446 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:14 AM »
To me, it suck my balls.