Author Topic: DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts  (Read 796429 times)

DC9V

Anyone here still uses the old v2? I know folks from http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.rs/ still do.

I'm finishing up importer, so we can open v2 files in the latest v3 version hoping we can finally retire v2 for good :) Importer is not perfect, since component set is not exactly the same, but it should work fine in most cases.

If there's anyone who has v2 files let me know, so we can try and see how successful it is in real world.

Cheers,
Bane

Hi bancika,

First let ma thank you for your work on DIYLC. My knowledge of electronics is very basic but DIYLC has enabled me to design PCBs to build my own effects pedals, and I would never have been able to do it without this awesome piece of software.

I just got back into tinkering with FX circuits after a hiatus of a few years. On an old hard drive I found some circuits I had designed with DIYLC v2 beta. I tried to import them with DIYLC Gen3 v40.0 which I had just installed but to no avail; I kept getting the error "Could not open file XXX. Check the log for details."

Fortunately I also found the .zip with DIYLC v2 beta on the same HD so I was able to use it to open these files. But maybe it's a bit early to retire v2.x for people with old files not compatible with the newer versions ?

jellyjams

Tiny bug on 3.40.0: The default project font reverts to Tahoma if I ever undo with Ctrl+Z.

Keep up the good work ;)
"Tagawasak ng pekpek" (I'm smarter than you think)

Boxed builds: OCD, Rat, Blue Box, Pitch Pirate, Deep Blue Delay, Equinox II, CE-2 (in progress)

Plexi

Re: DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts
« Reply #2442 on: September 01, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »
I would love some function that automatically fills all the ground traces.. like effectslayout blog layouts.
 :)
To you, buffered bypass suck tone.
To me, it suck my balls.

Hatredman

Re: DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts
« Reply #2443 on: September 01, 2017, 09:08:29 PM »
I would love some function that automatically fills all the ground traces.. like effectslayout blog layouts.

That would be nice indeed.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Plexi

« Reply #2444 on: September 01, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »

That would be nice indeed.
I know David (aka storybordist: a genius, btw) use Photoshop for that.
I use Paint
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:11:55 PM by Plexi »
To me, it suck my balls.

Perrow

« Reply #2445 on: September 08, 2017, 11:06:10 AM »
I use Paint

At least download paint.net free, simple and competent.

Plexi

« Reply #2446 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:14 AM »
To me, it suck my balls.

bancika

« Reply #2447 on: February 19, 2018, 09:25:29 AM »
anyone with a Mac computer willing to run a quick experiment? I'm trying to upgrade to java 8 and wanted to make sure that it runs on macs that only have java 8 and not java 6.

thanks,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

~arph

« Reply #2448 on: February 19, 2018, 09:39:54 AM »
Yup,

I only have 1.8.0_121

bancika

« Reply #2449 on: February 19, 2018, 09:51:56 AM »
Lovely, I uploaded a prototype to http://diy-fever.com/temp/DIYLC.app.zip
In theory, it should work as long as 3rd party apps are enabled in the gatekeeper.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Bane

~arph

« Reply #2450 on: February 19, 2018, 09:58:51 AM »
I replaced the existing DIYLC in applications. When I start it it prompts me for legacy Java SE 6.
I have no gatekeeper I think. I am running High Sierra (10.13.3)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:01:09 AM by ~arph »

bancika

« Reply #2451 on: February 19, 2018, 10:03:11 AM »
so my change didn't work :(

thanks, I'll keep digging.

~arph

« Reply #2452 on: February 19, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »
No problem..

~arph

« Reply #2453 on: February 19, 2018, 10:18:57 AM »
I  did a little experiment.

In the Info.plist file I replaced the Java keyword with JavaX

Then when I click it I get the 'this application is damaged message'.  after:

sudo codesign --force --sign - /Applications/DIYLC.app

I can't run it because it is untrusted. Then I say open anyway in preferences. WhenI open it, I get prompted for java SE 6 again. 

So nothing seems fixed, but it does seem that the version you gave me is trusted by default now/or that the Java key is triggering the dialog before the trust check.

rockola

« Reply #2454 on: February 20, 2018, 02:22:23 AM »
Lovely, I uploaded a prototype to http://diy-fever.com/temp/DIYLC.app.zip
In theory, it should work as long as 3rd party apps are enabled in the gatekeeper.
Enabling 3rd party apps from unknown developers is quite tricky in current versions of OSX, since the "Anywhere" choice is not there anymore - unless you disable Gatekeeper from the command line.

Double clicking the prototype gives the familiar "app is damaged and can't be opened" dialog caused by Gatekeeper.

However, running it from the command line works just fine. In that case, Gatekeeper is not triggered. The command is:

~/Downloads/DIYLC.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub (assuming you unzipped it in Downloads)

I have only Java 1.8 ("1.8.0_102" to be exact). There are a lot of exceptions when the app starts; the GUI comes up fine though. I did not test it any further.

~arph

« Reply #2455 on: February 20, 2018, 04:20:42 AM »
When I run it command line, I still get the legacy java 6 dialog

bancika

« Reply #2456 on: February 20, 2018, 07:34:44 AM »
they are making it increasingly complicated for me to maintain DIYLC for OSX  :icon_neutral:
They push to upgrade to java 8...but with java 8 it seems that I need to build the app under OSX to be able to run on OSX...and then there's the whole signing BS. I know very little about macs and I don't own a mac, a and that becomes a problem. I'm thinking about dropping the OSX build and just leave the command line option.

Btw, ~arph, that's curious because I built the app using java 8, how can it still ask for legacy java? In manifest file it says

Created-By: 1.8.0_121-b13 (Oracle Corporation)

what rockola found makes sense to me, command line should work. Hmm...f'ing apple :)

cctsim

in 3.40 version, is it possible to have the value of a resistor inside the resistor like the one the left resistor on the image below ?

cctsim

I meant to say like the one on the right resistor !

GGBB

It normally does look like the right side one.