DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markm

Quote from: markm on May 02, 2006, 01:29:50 PM
Quote from: gaussmarkov on May 01, 2006, 08:56:14 PM
before you do this programming, check out eagle and expresspcb.  i have been doing my perfboard layouts in eagle and recently made a site to make using eagle easier for beginners.  even if you decide to make your own program, working with eagle will give you lots of good ideas for what you want your program to do.

best wishes, gm

I downloaded this software from your site this weekend and was playing around with it a bit.
I'm having a problem with your library though.....I can't seem to incorporate it into the program.
However, I can see how nice this program could work if I could get the hang of it ???

when I was on your site this weekend, I think there is a broken link to either the eagle site or your libraries.....can't really remember but, I will be back again to check it out. Besides, I'm building your Red Llama :icon_exclaim:

bancika

Here's first screenshot. At the moment in only draws board of given dimensions and writes title, but that's something :)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/bancika/software.gif
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

RaceDriver205

gaussmarkov

JimRayden

Quote from: bancika on May 03, 2006, 05:38:38 AM
Here's first screenshot. At the moment in only draws board of given dimensions and writes title, but that's something :)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/bancika/software.gif

Wow, you're quick.

----------
Jimbo

bancika

.yu is ex yugoslavia. Now it's Serbia and Montenegro...but soon it will be Serbia only :)

bancika

Look ma, I can graw jumpers :)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/bancika/software1.gif
How important is to have source files you can modify? I wouldn't waste my time if nobody will use that. Is it enough to have "draw-save-forget" method or not?
Thanks

hairyandy

Actually I think it's pretty important to have files that you can modify.  Many times a layout is posted and then found to have a mistake.  It would be much easier to correct a layout you've already done than to have to totally recreate it.

My $.02
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

bancika

Makes sense, OK then. I'll derive my format from XML. It's not hard to do, just boring :)

hairyandy

Bancika,

I know you're doing this on a PC in Delphi, but any chance that it will be portable to OSX?  I'm not familiar with Delphi at all so I don't know if it would port over or not.  Is there someting similar that would port over to *nix?

Just wondering,
Andy Harrison

bancika

Don't think so. There's delphi equivalent only on Linux (it's called Kylix), but I don't have neither it nor Linux, so we're stuck. And I'm not good enough in other languages to make it in decent time. If someone here has them I'll send souce when it's done so it can be compiled for linux...maybe I'll even find someone over here.

JimRayden

You forgot to mention two most important features - export as .gif and/or .png and/or .jpg and print.

Can you assign the file extension yourself? I'd recommend either .diy or .aron. :D (or seriously speaking, you could make it save and open two file types - .perf and .vero. Or would that be too much of a hassle...)

----------
Jimbo

bancika

Yes, I used .diy extension :) We think the same way. Of course I can assign it myself. I will make single file installation which will register new file type when installed.
There's no need for two different fily types because everything is same but board display.
I think I mentioned export to gif/jpg/bmp before, it's not a problem. Maybe gif because it's not native supported by Delphi, but I think I can manage it. For png I'm not sure. Printing is also included.

If anyone wants to participate I would need two things (in bot 32x32 and 16x16px):
a) icon for file type
b) icon for program

if nobody wants to make some I'll use one of "regular" icons, but it would be cool to have nice icons.

JimRayden

Quote from: bancika on May 03, 2006, 05:57:04 PM
If anyone wants to participate I would need two things (in bot 32x32 and 16x16px):
a) icon for file type
b) icon for program

I'm on it!

----------
Jimbo

bancika

You can create bmp/psd files, I can convert to .ico

bioroids

I think this is turning out very cool. Keep up the good work!

Miguel
Eramos tan pobres!

bancika

I fnished jumpers and stuff, also loading/saving files
Here's last shot http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/bancika/software2.gif
I'm thinking of putting component library on the bottom

mac

well, this looks much, much pretty than my photoshop library  ;D

mac

10 home
20 sweet
30 go to 10
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

hairyandy

Bancika,

You are a genius!  That looks great, I can't wait to play with it...
Andy Harrison

rockgardenlove

I want a Mac port too :(

Heres an idea for checking w/ the schematic.  Instead of loading a schematic image, just make a little frame off to the left that you can draw out the schematic with, with all the parts, etc.  That would be fairly easy to check, no?