wah fed into another wah SRV syle

Started by numpty, May 05, 2006, 07:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formerMember1

gotch ya  :)

it was only ground down enough to mount the dual gang pot, not too much that it changed the strength,.. it is completely solid,

*edit* i wouldn't ever trade/sell something that wasn't strong or reliable  :icon_wink:

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Surely the two wahs should be in PARALLEL not series??

Paul Marossy

OK, here is how I feel is the right way to modify a wah shell for a dual ganged pot:

The area at the back of the pots is where the material was removed.

Here you can see that about 3/32" of material was removed to allow the pot to fit without grinding down the bracket that holds the pot.

FWIW.  :icon_cool:

numpty

Back to the SRV question - maybe the input was split and each wah was feed into a different amplifier.

alderbody

I made a pedal once, which is actually a "parked wah".

When i combine it with my normal wah i get interesting sounds.

Of course only one of them does the frequency sweep, but the tone is somehow richer.

Good, but not for "all the time"...

Mark Hammer

Anderton had the Dual Filter pedal in EPFM I.  This was a board that used the same type of bandpass filter seen in the Bi-Filter Follower, except two of them, using a dual op-amp (4739, of course  :icon_wink: ).  If memory serves, it assumed a dual-ganged pot but stereo inputs/outputs.  I'll have to dig out the binder and read it over again, but I suspect this was intended for those circumstances where a guitar might use separate outputs for the two pickups.  Naturally, this means the two wah filters operated in parallel.

stumper1

Could one of the wah pots been wired backwards so that as one swept up the other swept down ala Anderton's Wah/Anti-wah?
DericĀ®