News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Soundclips

Started by petesguitar1, May 07, 2006, 09:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesguitar1

Please tell me if this is in the wrong section, I really don't like to mess up people's forums  :) With regard to soundclips. Does anyone else find it annoying when they listen to a soundclip of a stompox and the only information given is about the box itself. No info on guitar, amp, soundcard etc. I just find it really off-putting. I spend most days looking at the web and trying to build asnd tinker, I spend my nights as a professional guitar player. I suppose I just like to hear the different nuances each guitar can give.

Any thoughts?
Excuse Me While I Kiss The Sky

Unbeliever

Well .... I think that any single or small number of clips of an effect are only going to show 0.01% of what it can do or sound like anyway. They're kind of pointless, besides giving people (customers?) a broad reassurance that 'yes, this device DOES exist' and 'yes, it does a bunch of stuff, one example which sounds like this'. There are so many combos of guitars, amps, other pedals, playing styles ... besides, the focus should be on the pedal NOT the other gear plugged into either end. Broad details (strat, Fender amp) are enough, especially as these days people can run the samples through hardware and software modellers anyway (what I've done with some of my samples).

RDV

Almost all my samples were recorded direct to computer through some sort of delay. A few are through a DIY SS amp. Most were recorded using my Gibson Les Paul Junior Special with P-100 pickups, but a few were my Epiphone LP Standard Red Flake with a Rio Grande BBQ-bucker.

RDV

bancika

that's why I write whole signal chain in comment field of MP3 file
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here