Where to find these parts?

Started by superjoe, May 09, 2006, 09:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superjoe

Where can I find the transitors and IC's for an Orange Squeeze compressor. Im going by the parts and layout on general guitar gadgets. Are there substitutes? How do I know if I can subsititute them or not? Any help is appreciated.

Mark F

I haven't checked the specific schemo lately but I think Steve Daniels at Small Bear Electronics should have all the parts you need. He specializes in parts for stomp boxes. www.smallbearelec.com Hope that helps. ;)

markm

Yes sireee,
Small Bear has all the stuff to build an OS.
Steve's a great guy and has a nice selection of parts.
  MarkM

rhys

i built the OS clone a few weeks ago.  as i recall the only parts i couldn't get from smallbear were

-the 1n100 diode, and
-the (4) 4.7 uF tantalum caps

you can substitute a 1n34A diode for the 1n100, but i don't think SB has that either.  (someone else around here might know if there's another suitable sub for the 1n100.)  however, www.pedalpartsplus.com does have the 1n34A.  they also have the best price on 3PDT switches i've found, and buying you're switch there will probably save you enough to pay for the extra postage you'll use for having to buy from 2 places instead of one.  (these guys are absolutely wonderful by the way--TOP NOTCH customer service.)

as for the tantalum caps, steve at smallbear said he would be getting a full line of tantalums sometime soon--he's waiting on the ship to come in.  you can substitute aluminum electrolitics for the tantalums.  or, mouser.com has them. 

twabelljr

Quoteyou can substitute a 1n34A diode for the 1n100

Aron sells the 1N34A's,  8 for $2.00.
Shine On !!!