Question for the tone god, bullit build

Started by donald stringer, May 14, 2006, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tone God

Quote from: donald stringer on May 17, 2006, 06:33:10 PM
I can borrow one tomorrow, I will look at it one more time. I rebuilt the op-amp section so I am sure its correct now.

Ok. Unitil then disconnect the osc output to the tube and control the tube input with a pot then to see if the tube section is working correctly with the depth control and all.

Andrew

donald stringer

I ve yet to get a dmm but I disconnected the input to the tube[its acting like the oscilator section doesnt even exist. The depth knob seems to be working /thegain,vol/and tone section works, but theres no oscilation. This thing has me baffled.
troublerat

The Tone God

Quote from: donald stringer on May 19, 2006, 08:46:08 AM
I ve yet to get a dmm but I disconnected the input to the tube[its acting like the oscilator section doesnt even exist. The depth knob seems to be working /thegain,vol/and tone section works, but theres no oscilation. This thing has me baffled.

If you disconnect the depth control wiper end from osc tube section and connect it to V+ it should act a volume control. If it does then you know the audio section is working.

If you reconnect the depth control wiper end to the osc tube section, disconnect the osc from the tube input, tie the tube input to V+ the depth control should act a volume control again. You will then know of the tube section is working properly.

The next suggestion might be to rebuild the bias portion using the other opamp section instead. Test the circuit using that. This will tell you if the opamp is working properly.

Without more diagnostic information I don't think I can offer more help then say check your wiring again. If the opamp is working correctly then despite what you may think with your wiring something must be wrong and the universe is telling you so.

Andrew

donald stringer

Thank you Andrew I will go through it again.  No doubt it"s some little thing that I did
troublerat