Eh big muff box weight??

Started by Toney, May 15, 2006, 07:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

Anyone got a BMP reissue they could weigh for me??

I've bought one on the evil bay, but the seller insists the pedal weighs 3.7 pounds? I explained ...just the pedal-not the box etc.
Sounds high, think he's having a lend.

I'm in Australia so the shipping can get expensive really fast, and we're metric.
Pounds? I think I remember there's 2.2 of them to a kilo...

Anyhow, if someone could put one on a scale that would be great.

O

Is he also weighing the wooden box that some come in?

Toney

Yeah, I spelled it out to him that I dont want it, but I think he "forgot" when he weighed it.

Makes the shipping at least $38 at that weight ...

Bernardduur

Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Toney

Austin73

I have a fairly new nyc it weighs wait for it............................................................................1.5lb! yes thats right and with the wooden box a 2 ounces short of 3lb!

Anyway you can cancel ?

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Toney

Hmmm thought that might be the case,,,,,!!!////??? :icon_twisted: Grrrrrr I feel a "negging" coming..

Toney

Oh, and thanks for that Austin73  :icon_biggrin:

Austin73

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Toney. You sure you couldn't have got a cheaper one in Aus?
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

cd

1.5lbs = approx. 700g
3.7lbs = approx 1.7kg

Sounds about right to me.  I just mailed out a well packaged up TS-9 - pedal only, bubble wrapped and put in a slightly larger newspaper stuffed box - and that weighed in at a comparatively light 800g.

Toney

Yeah, thanks CD.
The shipping escalates rapidly after 2pounds, looking at the USPS calculater.
I think this Bozo figured he could wind me out for an extra $20.

Austen73- EH products aren't particulaly well represented here, we're close to Asia so we've always had tons of Roland, Ibanez etc.

Austin73

Thats such a shame as we have tons of them cheap in the UK although I'm sure they sound expensive when put in Australian Dollars! By the way to make matters worse the weight of the pedal included the battery!

Aus

P.S Don't be formal I'm Aus not Austin73

Austin73

Toney , just had a thought, why don't you buy the EH Fx abroad  where they are cheaper and just get the circuitboard sent over and box it your end. I know it won't look the same but hey it would be cheaper.