GGG Phase 100

Started by Samy, May 17, 2006, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samy

Any successfull builds ?
I´ve done a search but only found very old posts with almost no usefull information.
Some feedbacks would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Bucksears

I'll let you know in a week. I'm waiting on a set of the photcouplers from Smallbear. I'm ditching the rotary switch and going with (pot) controls for speed, regeneration and manual, with an SPST toggle switch for depth. I've been really anal about the construction so far, so I'm hoping for success when it's done.

RickL

I've built it successfully. I used separate controls in place of the 4 pole rotary so I could have individual control over the depth and feedback controls. I also added a dry-cut (vibrato) switch and (iirc) a switch to  choose which stage the feedback went to. Credit the idea for all these mods to Mark Hammer.

It works but it doesn't sound as good as my original Phase 100. Somehow it's a little thinner sounding, not as round. I don't know why, the layout is virtually identical to my original. I haven't boxed it yet so it sits in my pile of things to fiddle with some day.

Bucksears

RickL,
How did you wire up the depth control and what did you use?
Thanks,
Buck

RickL

The part of the switch that switches between two depths connects R51 to the junction of R41 and R42. I replaced that part of the switch with a pot wired as a variable resistor. I think I experimented with pots starting as big as 1M and ended up using a 100k.

The other part of the switch just connects R1 to the junction of R8 and R9. That part of the switch can be replaced with a spst or a multi pole switch to connect R1 to nothing (no feedback) or your choice of  R8/R9 or multiples of two phase stages either forward or backwards of R8/R9.