Talkbox Horn Driver

Started by littlegreiger, May 17, 2006, 07:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlegreiger

I found this on ebay and I'm wondering if I pulled the "horn" part off, would the driver be any good for a talkbox? Any help is appreciated.

petemoore

I never had much use for peizo technology as music reproducion drivers...well once dude had a big 'ol peizo array that seemed fairly impressive at the time...
  I think the results available from piezo driver for talk box will be unsatisfactory, you need a driver...horn driver with diaphram and voice coil to get enough air @ mid-high frequencies moving for a TB to be effective.
  YMMV...I never heard of a peizo talk box.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

littlegreiger

Thanks for your opinion. Anyone know a good place to get a horn driver for making a talkbox?

petemoore

I used an Olson type horn, small wattage and output.. :icon_neutral:
  Then I used an Altec 808A driver, and a tube amp, that worked really good, but was alot of trouble to get going...requires:
   the guitar and amp, The Talk Box amp and driver, somekind of signal input system [mic or line], plus a Vocal Mic and PA...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

calpolyengineer

I made a talkbox out of this and it worked great. I would definately recommend it.

-Joe

littlegreiger

Thanks for that, I'll probably get one if the shippings not too much.

calpolyengineer

The shipping was a bit. I bought two drivers ($11 each) and it cost $30, so the shipping was about $8. But if you get it, you won't be disappointed.

-Joe