somebody help me!!!

Started by pal1972, May 22, 2006, 06:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pal1972

I'm a bassist with both passive and active axes. I'd like to build a box that lets me input 2 seperate basses ( 1 active 1 passive) and have the two outputs independently volume controlled, so that they can then be fed into the active/passive amp inputs respectively!
Anyone out there ever built such a thing?? can anyone supply me with any schematics for such a job???

syndromet

I don't know if I got this right, but what you want is a pedal with two ins, one for passive basses and one for active? You also want one output jack for eache input, right? Each input should also have it's own volume controll? If I understood this correctly, this should be fairly simple. Do you want buffers with that? ;D
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

JimRayden

I think he just wants to footswitch between the two basses and inputs. A two-channel mute-box. Click - active bass runs into the active input, passive is muted. Another click - passive bass runs into passive input, active is muted.

You'll need a DPDT for that. The mid lugs go into the amp inputs, while one of the outer lugs connects to the instrument, reversed on the other pole.

-----------
Jimbo

tcobretti

It sounds like you have two basses that you want ot run thru to boxes into two different inputs on your amp.  Basically, I'd build two of Jack Orman's Mosfet boosters.  You can put them in one box or two, but they'll basically be very simple battery powered preamps.

http://www.muzique.com/schem/mosfet.htm