TheBigMan's A/B/Y box... Question about the LED's

Started by AC30Dirty, May 25, 2006, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC30Dirty

Hey Guys I just finished building an A/B/Y box. I used TheBigMan's layout from his gallery. It works awsome the only question i have is will the LED's in the layout cause hum? I read alot of people say that you need an actual circuit fo the LED's not to cause hum. If anybady has built this box with LED's and has no hum or if anyone has any info at all i would greatly appreciate it. By the way im using the box to switch between my AC30 and my Mesa Dual Rectifier. Thanks

rik

I built the one from Fulltone's website and have no problems with hum.

Satch12879

Any hum you'd potentially get would have nothing to do with the LEDs.
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com

TheBigMan

I would never use that circuit to switch between amps personally.  I use an AB like that to tune silently, I'd choose something with ground isolation for amp switching.  RG has a circuit over at Geofex, and I think there's a project for it at GGG as well.

stumper1

Does the GGG/Geofex A/B/Y ground unused inputs or does it leave them floating?
DericĀ®

AC30Dirty

Hey BigMan, I went ahead with your A/B/Y box design except I wired all the jacks a little differently and the LED's as well. I put a green LED for AC30, a red LED for my Dual Rectifier, and a yellow LED for the Y and it ABSOLUTLEY WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!! ;D NO HUM, NO POPS and mutes the amp not in use perfectly. As soon as I can figure out how to put up a detailed picture of what I did i'll post it up.

TheBigMan

Design isn't actually mine, it's by Andi Allan at www.monkeyfx.co.uk (forumite Andi).  I just redrew it with LEDs in response to a request at HCFX.