News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Foot Pig

Started by Rambo66, May 26, 2006, 02:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo66

Has anyone here reversed engineered a Foot Pig? Have a schematic?

RaceDriver205

Whats a 'foot pig'?

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

ElectroHarmonix Hog's Foot bass booster perhaps?

gez

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

drj

I think he means the Way Huge Foot Pig fuzz

rik

It's a Way Huge pedal, I think a bass booster? The only Way Huge clones I've seen that I've recognized as such are Red Llamas.

Bernardduur

The Foot Pig:

A sixty's style, negative nine volt, fuzz with germanium PNP transistors. The Foot Pig has piles of growling fuzz and an on-board passive tone control that gives the operator an incredible amount of frequency sweep.
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

brad

I dunno, but when I posted the Red Llama schemo a few years back, I worked it out by using eBay pics, existing pedal schematics, and input from other board members.  For example, I also have a pic of the Green Rhino board somewhere...and it's really easy to see that it's a TS clone with a different IC and a few small changes.  I just couldn't be bothered making a schemo up for it.

Keep your eyes peeled for good gut pics!  :D

nelson

Quote from: Bernardduur on May 26, 2006, 11:01:04 AM
The Foot Pig:

A sixty's style, negative nine volt, fuzz with germanium PNP transistors. The Foot Pig has piles of growling fuzz and an on-board passive tone control that gives the operator an incredible amount of frequency sweep.

Modified Negative ground Fuzz face with a tone control?

Modified Negative ground Tone bender with tone control?

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

cd

Just build a Ge version of Jack Orman's Fuxx Face and leave off the JFET source follower.

nelson

Quote from: cd on May 26, 2006, 06:48:33 PM
Just build a Ge version of Jack Orman's Fuxx Face and leave off the JFET source follower.

I am not really interested in building this one myself (had my fill of almost every Ge stompbox). But I am curious as to what it is a tweaked clone of. The consensus seems to be fuzz face. Though it could well be a tonebender.

Without gut shots we wont know.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

markm

Quote from: brad on May 26, 2006, 06:09:02 PM
I also have a pic of the Green Rhino board somewhere...and it's really easy to see that it's a TS clone with a different IC and a few small changes.  I just couldn't be bothered making a schemo up for it.

No surprise there.
The "green" part is a tip-off,
Aren't there a couple others with "green" in the name?
Seems it would make sense.
Wasn't the Safron Squeeze just that Dan Armstrong circuit tweaked......

cd

Quote from: nelson on May 26, 2006, 06:55:02 PM
Quote from: cd on May 26, 2006, 06:48:33 PM

I am not really interested in building this one myself (had my fill of almost every Ge stompbox). But I am curious as to what it is a tweaked clone of. The consensus seems to be fuzz face. Though it could well be a tonebender.

Without gut shots we wont know.

I thought it was common knowledge already.  It's a Fuzz Face.  Positive ground, two Ge transistors (TO1 case), ten resistors, five caps, three pots.