PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND REMEMBER 9/11/01

Started by BILLYL, September 11, 2003, 10:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BILLYL

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND REMEMBER 9-11.

PEACE

BILLYL

Bernt

I know what you mean. 9-11 is no good day. And thirty years ago Salvador Allende, president of Chile was killed. In Sweden - this very morning at 5.29 CET - we lost our very respected Minister for Foreign Affairs, ms Anna Lindh. She was stabbed to death. No, I agree, 9-11 is no lucky day...
Bernt.

BillyJ

Don't be marginalized by the propaganda machine!

Condoleeza is the poorest cabinet member in the white house. She has an oil tanker named after her.

Both the Bush family and the Bin Laden belong to the Carlyle group.
http://www.thecarlylegroup.com/eng/index.html
"Our mission is to be the premier global private equity firm, leveraging the insight of Carlyle's team of investment professionals to generate extraordinary returns across a range of investment choices, while maintaining our good name and the good name of our investors."

The BIn Ladens own massive construction firms in the Middle East. They will be the ones rebuilding the infastructures we are destroying.

Remember Noam Chomsky!

"Who would you murder for democracy?"
"Save the planet.....So we'll have some place to boogie!"- Merl Saunders

The medias job is to marginalize, create fear and cause you to consume out of that fear. Fear and consumption go hand in hand.

Don't fear the dark skinned man on the TV. (Or you have to buy the rest of the bullshit........ remember Fear+Consumption=Control
It is the pasty whites here in office that are the terrorists.

Political rant over.....I am gonna build pedals some more.

petemoore

Who picked the fight and pointing fingers aside...also putting 'who threw the punches' aside [theories and criminations abound there]...sometimes it is easier to find the 'culprit' by lookin more at
     Who Benefitted????   ????
 However argueable .... not the leaders of the occupied territories, or the native inhabitants there.
 It seems there may be a correlation between corporations who benifit directly from the military occupation of oil rich 'states', and the few who are binefitting from the imposed [illegal?'yes'] destruction of the U.S. constitution.
 Getting harder to get a consensus on what defines 'American Values' and also what's to be percieved as "Anti American" [both have become a contradiction in terms for me].
  There are bigger problems/solutions than these warring tribes attempting to destroy/control each other. To me they are just an elaborate distraction.
 perhaps parts of the globe object to American 'globalization'. Maybe they like having dictators and no shopping malls, and limited expansion.
 ..G.B. took speech lessons from Daffy Duck...WMD...lol
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

phillip

"We are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of Nature has placed in our power.. the battle, sir, is not to the strong alone it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."

--Patrick Henry

WGTP

I love good conspiracy thories, but I think the point is that most of the people who were killed were not involved in global control conpiracies, but were prolatariet like the rest of us, just ginding away at the stone and trying to be happy.  I feel for all the lives lost on all sides of these issues, while the powerful reap the spoils.  Isn't that the way it's alway been :roll:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

drew

For christ's sake, take this bullshit somewhere else. If people here wanted to argue about politics they'd do it instead of building pedals all day long. Lord knows we would all get more sunlight...

drew
toothpastefordinner.com

BILLYL

All I wanted was for us to pause for a momnet and just think!  Living here in DC this is real close to home.

WG said it best -

sirkut

No kidding.. I thought this would be the last place I would see any conspiracy theories, noam being mentioned, carlyle group, and so on. The point of the matter is over 3k people died that were innocent. Have a moment of silence/relfection or whatever for them, drop the bullshit conspiracy theories, even if it is true, there's little you can do about it anyway. :)

keko

Quote from: BerntAnd thirty years ago Salvador Allende, president of Chile was killed.

Actually, he killed himself.
What happened in NY two years ago, in Sweden today, and in Sanitago thirty years ago are things that we all hope won't happen again.

Unfortunately, (now speaking only about Chile) what the world knows about my country's past, is only one side of the story.

We all recognize what horrible things took place here. I personaly condemn them. But please don't assume everything you hear  is true. Many exiled people were forced to leave because they brought unstability and danger to out society in that time; they are the ones spreading the bad word, while living comfortably (and accomodately) everywhere else in the world.

I'm far younger than 30 years old, and it hurts me to see that most disturbance is caused by teenayers that hav absolutely no idea what was really happening those days. I don't know either.

This is a post of peace, reasoning, and support to all those that have suffered.

Stop looking for your enemies into the past. Look forward. It's about what YOU can do to make your country, to make the world, a better place. (this might sound cheesy, but y'all know it's true)

Take a minute of silence, it's up to you.
Start building stompboxes, it's up to us!
.::keko::.
www.qpd.cl // desahógate ahora!
www.basa.cl // Digital « Design » Atelier

BillyJ

My bad. I should not have stepped in this thread. Got caught early. Did not in any way mean to lessen the loss or disrespect anyone or anything.
I didn't formulate a real sense of the topic subject before I fired off.
I am sorry I detracted from it's intent. Please accept my appologies everyone.  Certainly I do not want to make our pedal paradise a less peaceful place. So again I am sorry if  I have disrespected this thread.
I will keep my bantering to "why in the hell won't this device work!?!"   :?

sirkut

for your punishment, build me an ada flanger. j/k :)