The easiest build ever?

Started by boedonaldson, May 29, 2006, 02:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boedonaldson

What is the easiest build ever that you have done or could recommend to me?

rockgardenlove

A simple booster or distortion...
Try the Rangemaster, LPB, or the Easy Drive.

trevize

birt

http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

bluetubes

A/B box.   Nothing compares for simplicity.  Total parts count = 2 (besides the jacks and switch).  Two resistors.  :icon_lol:

RaceDriver205

I would recommend my Super Dupa Mega Analog Switchification 3000 pedal:

Anyone want to make a Layout in Express PCB for this?

Ge_Whiz

Passive overdrive. Two anti-parallel Schottky diodes between signal and earth. SPST switch between diodes and earth to switch it.

markm

I'd have to say the LPB or Stratoblaster boosters.
Low parts count, silicon trannies, common resistors & caps make for an E-Z build.
Careful though, next it'll be a Dynacomp, Analog Delay, Fuzz of some kind then all of
a sudden your surrounded by tons of projects in various states of assembly and then
they wisk you off to rehab ;D
It is addicting as all get-out.

Connoisseur of Distortion

do the beginner project. it's an easy build, and it really does sound pretty good.

plus, it is COMPLETELY documented, and has its own forum!! if you choose this project, you WILL get it!

Mark Hammer

It's an overstatement, but almost anything using "standard pinout" bipolar transistors (E-B-C) are dead easy to build, largely because the schematic itself provides clear guidance on where parts go.  Run your V+ along one edge and your ground along the opposite edge, and even a constantly interrupted idiot like me can whip up just about any discrete bipolar transistor ciruit on perfboard in an evening or two with little or no troubleshooting involved.  Your Big Muff, Superfuzz, and Foxx Tone Machine are just a few hours away.

boedonaldson

Where is a breadboard layout layout for the stratoblaster then, cause ive made one, but it only acts as a volume comtrol, no boost!

Aharon

Electra Distortion,and good sounding too.
Aharon
Aharon

syndromet

A true bypass looper. Super simple, and very very simple.
Bazz Fuss. Great fuzz, and very easy. My 4 first builds were bazz fusses, and I still have one on my pedalboard. I've given away the other 3 others, and they are also used regulary.
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

vanhansen

General Guitar Gadgets IC Buffer
AMZ Mosfet Boost
Rangemaster
Marsha Valve
Fetzer Valve
LPB1 Booster
Erik

jmusser

Joe Davisson's Easy Drive. It's a one transistor circuit, and one of the very best sounding circuits with any parts count.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

syndromet

Oh, I almost forgot! Th e thing modulatot!! Super simple and ultra cool.. www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com