Tremulus built! with pics and sound samples

Started by Branimir, May 31, 2006, 08:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branimir

Hi!

Housed it yesterday!

Project: Tremulus Lune, more about the effect here (commonsound) and here (4ms pedals).

Pics!

Box is aluminium, bent it myself, i think it's 1mm thickness, it was scrap material, i figuered i could bent it with tools avalaible at home so i just did it... Red autolacquer for the "finish" hehe.

I didn't have a DPDT or a 3PDT so i used an old SPDT from a butchered wah. (I'll get a 3PDT soon i'll put a yellow led for indication... And speed led is not visible, but i'll deal with that later, when i put the indication led first.)

More or less stock, with 50k for volume instead of 25k trimer. No "Fine" pot control. I had ticking so i put 100uF between the plus 9V and the ground, also 1nF across the volume pot. Ticking went away, works like a charm.

Sound samples:

Guitar-effect-soundcard - and a little boost around 5kHz in cooledit to make things brighter ;) No echo, reverb delay or stuff like that. Sounds way sweeter throught an amp of course, but i was interested only in chopping and trembling, so this was enough for the moment:

All samples - mono 44kHz, bitrate 64kbit/s
TremoLea1.mp3 - 1:07min, 525kb - speed way up, depth way down, smooth transitions
TremoLea2.mp3 - 1:24min, 661kb - all sorts of knob setups
TremoLea3.mp3 - 1:01min, 484kb - fast choppping

Cheers!
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

JimRayden

Great clips, especially the 3rd one. Spooky.

Bending job could have been cleaner but who cares as long as it sounds good, right? :icon_lol:

----------
Jimbo

Branimir

I bent it with my hands, so it's sloppy... ;D

I promise I'll do it better on the next pedal!
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

benfox

The sounds and the box are just wonderfull !!!
Sorry for my bad english !!

tiges_ tendres

sorry to thread hijack, I was wondering what the fine control did.  I have one, but can tell any discernable difference.
Try a little tenderness.

JimRayden

Quote from: Branimir on May 31, 2006, 09:14:08 AM
I bent it with my hands, so it's sloppy... ;D

I promise I'll do it better on the next pedal!

Well my first hand bent box wasn't any better, so you're excused. :D

----------
Jimbo

markm

I've been wanting to try this build for quite awhile now and this may be the thing that makes me go forward with it.
Great sound!!
Did you use a homemade LDR/LED assembly?
I'm wordering how important the resistance of the LDR is.
   MarkM

birt

Quote from: markm on May 31, 2006, 05:51:18 PM
I've been wanting to try this build for quite awhile now and this may be the thing that makes me go forward with it.
Great sound!!
Did you use a homemade LDR/LED assembly?
I'm wordering how important the resistance of the LDR is.
   MarkM

i have the same question
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Branimir

I used a 3mm red led and a LDR, actually in my shop, there are only two LDR types, the round one and the square one. I use the square one (it's smaller  and cheaper - around 2 Euros, 2,2 or something like that).

These are the specs that i found on the site of my store:

It's not much, heh...
I used to build an easyvibe the same way, it worked great!

I have no knowledge about dark/light resistance, since this is the only info i could find about this LDR type.
Maybe i could measure the resistance? ;)
Umor