Chorus for Bass

Started by Samy, June 02, 2006, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samy

Is there any chorus schematics for bass ?
Is it possible to use or modify a chorus for guitar to play a bass ?

Thanks.

Unbeliever

I've got schematics for the Boss CE2 and CE2-B - the only difference for the B (bass) version is that it has a control that lets you mix less of the chorused sound in if you want. Let me know if you want these to look at.

christian

Pretty much all you'd need is to add more low frequencies by making all pass-thru capacitors in the audio path bigger.
Have you tried any guitar chorus? Theres no magic in "bass choruses", guitar fx wont break or anything if you run them with bass (unlike guitar amps)

Zombie Chorus would be nice try by changing the first cap to 1uF or so.

ch.
who loves rain?

Christ.

Seljer

the Boss CE2 project on Tonepad has the 2 or 3 mods needed to make to turn it into the CE2b listed at the bottom.

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=53

lowstar

+1 on the ce-2b.
i did it from the tonepad layout with the bass mods (the cap mod is very important too, not only the fx level pot).
i also have an original one, and believe me, this is THE bass chorus imho. remember all those eighties chorused bass sounds ? the ce-2b does them.
i also have a t.c. chorus/flanger/pm, and i built a small clone chorus, but i don´t play them, cause the ce-2b is KILLER.
do yourself a favor and build this little puppy. you won´t regret it.

cheers,
lowstar
effects built counter: stopped counting at 100

Samy

I don´t know how i have missed that on tonepad !! I will study a bit the ce2 and make it later this month .
Thanks .

Bernardduur

I use a Small Clone on my bass and it rocks! Really good lushy chorus sounds and great flanger sounds (mods)
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account