dpdt with led for each position?

Started by SuperGeo, June 03, 2006, 10:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperGeo

Hello

Is it possible to have an led for effect on and another led for effect off using the same approach as the Millenium or the Davisson's Led trick?

I'd use it to change channels for the ROG's Double D.

If anyone could post something explaining about transistors for switching it would be very nice

Thanks

SuperGeo

http://www.diystompboxes.com/analogalchemy/misc/ledtrick.html

if I add an PNP transistor the same way as the PNP, it would be 'on' when the other be 'off' ??

R.G.

Have you read "The Millenium C" at GEO?

What happens if you do BOTH 6. and 7.?
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

SuperGeo

thanks R.G

you're talking about something like... this?

ps: I can't see where the other diode in the positive ground millenium is connected  :icon_question: :icon_question:

R.G.

No, nothing that complicated.

I don't know how the Double D is wired, but assuming it's negative ground, just use the negative ground version in 6. and add one more resistor and LED from the outputs of the first two parallel inverters, leaving the resistor and LED from the second two inverters. That way, when one is on, the other's off, and vice versa.

Quoteps: I can't see where the other diode in the positive ground millenium is connected
That's because it's not shown. What that means is, "use as many in parallel as you need".
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

SuperGeo

I think I got it

I also would like to ask if conecting the output of the seconds parallel pair of the left millenium into the input of the first pair of the right side millenium (and taking off the 9v connection) would work as write under the switches in the schem (turning the leds on)

thank you very much for your help

R.G.

QuoteI also would like to ask if conecting the output of the seconds parallel pair of the left millenium into the input of the first pair of the right side millenium (and taking off the 9v connection) would work as write under the switches in the schem (turning the leds on)
If I understand you correctly, no. The logic chip inverters only work as you expect if they have a proper power supply. You can't just take the +9V connection from the right hand setup and send the output of the left hand section to it.

But what you CAN do is connect the output of the left hand section to the INPUT of the right hand section, where the control line from the right hand section connects now.
R.G.

SuperGeo

I see

I just power the chip with the 9v, but what about the high leakage diodes on the right hand? Should I connect the output of the left one to the input of the right one through the diodes?