Mistress schematics

Started by christian, June 06, 2006, 06:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christian

Is it just me or is there something really wrong with this schematic?

If you compare this to the deluxe version, the flange/filter-matrix switch is kinda odd. If its set on filter-matrix the last 324 (with range pot) doesnt get any bias on the + input. Wouldn't that crap it out? Otherwise it looks like the deluxe controller.
Then theres this that originally comes from stellan's schematics, i think - link, which shows really interesting LFO that uses the other half of 4013, which is unused in the above schem and the deluxe.

And the feedback pot here has just 2 lugs connected whereas in stellans schem, the 3rd lug is connected to ground as it probably should be?

Well, I just got my DEMF to work again, and I can tell you that the phaser-mod makes the ultra flanger in the world. Best with distorted guitar before, not that good with clean guitar.

ch.
who loves rain?

Christ.

StephenGiles

"Is it just me or is there something really wrong with this schematic?"

You tell me, then I can correct it, possibly the 7.5v label is wrong - there was some discussion a while ago. Still, it looks good doesn't it, and it was drawn using MS Excel. Right now I'm in a library 240 miles from home in sunny South Devon in the west of England so can't do anything from here.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

christian

Mainly theres 2 probs and 1 thats noted (the clock frequency trimmer)

Feedback pot should be grounded from the lower lug, that would remove the feedback when the pot is at zero.
And in the upper SPDT of the flanger/filter switch, the lower throw should connect to something (?). Taking the DEMF schematic, it probably should be connected to the upper throw of the lower SDPT, 1.7V connection?

The 2 battery version is the same, so it has the same problems.

I could add some other mods to this, like DEMF audio path, positive/negative feedback, vibrato, etc..

ch.
who loves rain?

Christ.