SuperKing modded pedals - legitimate...?

Started by magicdog, June 14, 2006, 12:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicdog

I recently came across a Boss DS-1 pedal that had been modded by 'the SuperKing' on Ebay (UK) and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of this gentleman or his pedals?

I have a sneaking suspicion that he's not legit...anyone...?

MartyMart

Why are you suspicious ?
If he does a decent job and the costs are reasonable, then I dont see the problem  :icon_wink:

Most people here will do their own "mods" and some are well documented, I've sold quite a few
that way over the last three years and it's not a "huge profit"  margin that we're talking about.

Mail him and see what response you get, that will tell you quite a lot.

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

magicdog

Hehe - maybe I shouldn't have been so obtuse...I bought one of these pedals (SuperKing) and when I examined it there is no tone toggle switch fitted (as stated in the auction details) and when I tried to contact the seller, he has mysteriously pulled the plug on his Ebay membership (or Ebay has pulled the plug).

I just wanted to get some feedback maybe from other buyers and also THIS IS A WARNING - BUYER BEWARE.

>:( 

kissack101

Hey,

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself: I am the SuperKing (or at least according to my eBay ID). I'm the guy who modded your pedal (and I think i've just replied to your message in my inbox).

Secondly: my mysterious disappearence. I'm in a dispute with eBay at the moment over some activity with my account. I'm hoping to sort it out quickly (not only is it embarrassing in cases like this - nothing looks worse than buying something and having the seller 'disappear' - but it also means I can't buy pedals/old vinyl/ kitcsh anymore) and get back to listing more stuff.

Thirdly: your pedal. The pedal you bought wasn't advertised with a tone switch, its a very recent addition (available on the one i'm selling at the mo' and possibly the casue of this confusion) and I didn't do it to your pedal. As I said in my e-mail to you, if you pay for shipping both ways, i'd be more than happy to fit the switch for free (because I think it's great and think you should too).

Am I legit? I hope so.  ;D

Adam.

kissack101

Also, another thought occurs: When I re-listed the latest DS-1, I deleted the photo of the old one from my web-host and replaced in with a picture of the new one with the same file name. This means that when you re-open the eBay page of the pedal you won, it'll have the updated photo with the switch (as it's just a HTML link). I think this may have caused some of the confusion. If you recall, I think the old photo was taken from a different angle than the new one?

Apologies again for the mix-up

Adam.