electric mistress help !! (please) SOLVED !!

Started by Pierre, June 15, 2006, 06:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markusw

gez

Quote from: Pierre on June 17, 2006, 04:57:22 PMMaybe i have to do some adjustments, like replace the caps for 33µf and playing a little with the trims (the balance trim stills doing nothing :icon_neutral:)...

The balance trim isn't supposed to produce any audible effect, it's there to minimise clock bleedthrough by fine tuning the mixing of the BBD's outputs.  Just set it in the middle and forget about it if you can't perceive any difference.

Yes, it sounds as though one/both of your caps were leaky.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Pierre

just two more things...Can i replace the 33µf tant for electrolitics?  or it has to be tant for some reason...
...and about the 1M log "rate" por...i dont know if this is how its suppose to be, but it is a little difficult to adjust, i mean, speed does not really change in the first half or so of its path, having to fight a little to find the usefull speed in the last 1/4...
Again, thank you !!

StephenGiles

Quote from: Pierre on June 18, 2006, 06:15:15 AM
just two more things...Can i replace the 33µf tant for electrolitics?  or it has to be tant for some reason...
...and about the 1M log "rate" por...i dont know if this is how its suppose to be, but it is a little difficult to adjust, i mean, speed does not really change in the first half or so of its path, having to fight a little to find the usefull speed in the last 1/4...
Again, thank you !!

Buenos Tardes .....ooooops Bon Apres Midi.....yes??? 
Yes of course you can change the 33uf for electolytics. In fact if you can get a non polarised 16uf capacitor it will do the same job. I discovered that using 2 electrolytics will their negative terminals connected gives 50% of the value of 1.

Are you sure that you are using a log pot? I think a linear pot would react like your description.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Pierre

buenas tardes monsieur !
Yes, im shure it is a 1M log, at least its marked " A 1M"...
it is not really a problem, im allready happy to have the flanger running !!...maybe the two 47µf are a little too much, i dont know...

GibsonGM

You'll have to play around in there, Pierre  ;)  1/2 the fun of building these things is making them "perfect", eh?  I didn't like that the Easy Vibe chorus seemed pretty weak...but I ran it thru a PC oscilloscope, and the wave was really warping out.  Sounded better thru my friend's rig.  So the 'weakness' was just my guitar tone, not the effect!  Getting your caps right will probably help, so long's you don't ruin traces from having soldered on them too much!! 

I'm going to build a EM, I think.  Just finished an original fuzz face using 2 trannies I found in a '60's clock radio (2SB54 & 2SB56); I'd love to hear it after a flanger!
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...