Soon to be: Delay and Chrous in one

Started by Cliff Schecht, June 19, 2006, 02:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Schecht

So my 2 latest builds are now to become one: The tonepad Robote 2.5 delay and the Boss CE-2 chorus. I plan on using a Russian BMP to fit both effects in, inline with the chorus going into the delay. Both the boards are already etched and I just populated the CE-2, so if I get all of my delay chips in tomorrow I should have this thing done by wednesday. My biggest "problem" is going to be deciding how to lay out the knobs using the existing holes, but I have no problem just drilling new ones anywho 8). Anybody else done anything similar? I'm going on the assumption that both of the listed effects sound as good as the reviewers on tonepad made them seem.

Mark Hammer

stankyfish

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on June 19, 2006, 02:48:58 AM
So my 2 latest builds are now to become one: The tonepad Robote 2.5 delay and the Boss CE-2 chorus. I plan on using a Russian BMP to fit both effects in, inline with the chorus going into the delay. Both the boards are already etched and I just populated the CE-2, so if I get all of my delay chips in tomorrow I should have this thing done by wednesday. My biggest "problem" is going to be deciding how to lay out the knobs using the existing holes, but I have no problem just drilling new ones anywho 8). Anybody else done anything similar? I'm going on the assumption that both of the listed effects sound as good as the reviewers on tonepad made them seem.

I've thought about combining multiple effects into single boxes (in particular fuzz & treble boost, i.e. Hellbilly/Analog Man Sun Lion), but have always gotten a bit confused about power.  Do the separate effects connect to the battery/PS in parallel?  Can a battery supply enough current to power both sides of the effect at the same time?

stankyfish

Quote from: stankyfish on June 19, 2006, 09:41:58 AM
Quote from: Cliff Schecht on June 19, 2006, 02:48:58 AM

I've thought about combining multiple effects into single boxes (in particular fuzz & treble boost, i.e. Hellbilly/Analog Man Sun Lion), but have always gotten a bit confused about power.  Do the separate effects connect to the battery/PS in parallel?  Can a battery supply enough current to power both sides of the effect at the same time?

My fingers work faster than my brain sometimes...

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=38509.0