Could anybody confirm this??  plz!  ;)

Thanks!
DIY Poser.

Mich P

Helllo , Mickael can you confirm your payback pcb 1.0
is verified and ok
thank you.

solarplexus

There is no CD4011 at smallbear... is there another subsitute available at SB ?
DIY Poser.

Valoosj

Auke is currently debugging this one. he has breadborded it. Let's hope he fixes it soon  :)
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Auke Haarsma

Well, the CD4049 doens't trigger the looping yet. And the played-back sound is very distorted. But, it is playing back if I trigger playback manually.

The Tone God

I don't know if the circuit will work with anything else other then the 4093. I didn't test it with any other gates. The 4049 is an inverter. The 4093 is a schemitt trigger NAND gate so the logic as given in the schematic will not work with a 4049 inverter.

Andrew

Valoosj

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on November 30, 2007, 04:00:06 PM
Well, the CD4049 doens't trigger the looping yet. And the played-back sound is very distorted. But, it is playing back if I trigger playback manually.

CD4049? I sent you a CD 4093 . Or I should have. my ICs are 4093
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Auke Haarsma

Yeah sorry, it's a 4093. Typo on my side. :icon_redface:  I blame it on the beer!   ::) ::)

Valoosj

nothing like a good binge!

I do hope you're drinking some belgian beer?

Michael Allen

Quote from: Mich P on November 29, 2007, 03:40:51 AM
Helllo , Mickael can you confirm your payback pcb 1.0
is verified and ok
thank you.

No, I can't confirm any of them actually. I haven't tried to build this pedal with one of my layouts yet. But I've checked over them and so have others and I think they should be good. Take a schematic and trace over the layout for yourself though to see if you pick up on anything.

The Tone God

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on November 30, 2007, 05:49:54 PM
Yeah sorry, it's a 4093. Typo on my side. :icon_redface:  I blame it on the beer!   ::) ::)

Are you running the logic off of 9v or 5v ?

Andrew

Mich P

No, I can't confirm any of them actually. I haven't tried to build this pedal with one of my layouts yet. But I've checked over them and so have others and I think they should be good. Take a schematic and trace over the layout for yourself though to see if you pick up on anything.

Thank to answer michael

Mich P.

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: The Tone God on December 01, 2007, 02:21:52 PM
I'm running it off of 5V (as per the schematic. 5V to pin 14.

I breadboarded it, so there's no footswitching involved. I just manually rewire it. To record I ground Pin 2 of the ISD. To stop recording I break the connection with ground.

If I manually ground Pin 3 of the ISD I can start playback. It seems however, that pin 4 of the ISD and CD4093 do not trigger eachother.

I'm not 100% sure if I understand SW3 on the schematic. What's the line starting between P2 and B2 (sw3)? With the switch wired like that input will always go into the TL072, right? (I didn't put it like this on my breadboard btw. I let the input via B2 go to either A1 or C3, and do the same with B5 going to either A4 or C6).

Any voltages I can measure to help verify my breadboard? (+5V and +9V are stable and ok).

idiot savant

I happen to have a pcb layout I made for the v1.1 circuit. minus the vibrato....

I've been a little hesitant to post it though, until I have verified it for myself. I plan on putting it together in a week or so. I have everything excepting the ISD chip. Digikey has the 10 and 12 second versions, but not the 20 second version. I'd love to get my hands on the longer one, but it looks like I'll have to test it out with the shorter one.  :-\

I have to thank Mr. John Lyons for making beautiful PCB's for me!!!! Can't wait to start.

If there is any interest, I'll post my layout, even though it's a bit sloppy(i.e. too many jumpers for my usual taste), and though it might be a bit big(looks bigger than Mike Allen's), I think I can wedge the thing in a 125b, and would definitely fit a BB sized box with lots of room.

-morgan

Auke Haarsma

Please post! We can have a look and help you verify the pcb!

idiot savant

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on December 04, 2007, 03:29:44 AM

very well, here it is!

notes:

-->r9 isolates 5v ground from 9v ground (i had the regulator use 5v ground, don't know if isolation is even needed)
-->voltage regulator is 78L05(to-92 package)

-->c13/c19 filters on the 9v rail
-->c12 filters on the 5v rail, I haven't yet determined if I need an Electro there for more filtering like the 9v side.

This one was my first time using Bancika's DIY Layout software, big thanks to him. It is a neat little program, but I think I like my other PCB making software better(more compact layouts possible).

Thanks to Mr. Lyons as mentioned before, he made me a few really nice PCB's

And of course Thanks to the Tone God! everytime I find myself fiddling with ideas, I look at his site and see that he's beaten me to it, and done it better....!

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: idiot savant on December 04, 2007, 04:48:12 AM
-->r9 isolates 5v ground from 9v ground (i had the regulator use 5v ground, don't know if isolation is even needed)
Thanks for sharing! I'm using common ground all the way. But then again, my breadboarded version is not working yet. Could you explain a bit more why seperating 5v ground grom 9v ground makes sense? (I though the regulator needed a connection to ground -9v ground- to do its regulating work, am I mistaken here? Is ground required by the regulator, or is it created by the regulator?)

Valoosj

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on December 04, 2007, 03:29:44 AM

very well, here it is!

notes:

-->voltage regulator is 78L05(to-92 package)

-->c13/c19 filters on the 9v rail
-->c12 filters on the 5v rail, I haven't yet determined if I need an Electro there for more filtering like the 9v side.

This one was my first time using Bancika's DIY Layout software, big thanks to him. It is a neat little program, but I think I like my other PCB making software better(more compact layouts possible).

Thanks to Mr. Lyons as mentioned before, he made me a few really nice PCB's

And of course Thanks to the Tone God! everytime I find myself fiddling with ideas, I look at his site and see that he's beaten me to it, and done it better....!

You seem to have a lot more resistors and capacitors than on the original schematic. Are these the ones you added comment about? I like your schematic, but it's a bit too big for my taste.I'll just have to make my own pcb or use michael allen's if Auke gets it to work

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on December 03, 2007, 04:17:28 PM
Quote from: The Tone God on December 01, 2007, 02:21:52 PM
I'm running it off of 5V (as per the schematic. 5V to pin 14.

I breadboarded it, so there's no footswitching involved. I just manually rewire it. To record I ground Pin 2 of the ISD. To stop recording I break the connection with ground.

If I manually ground Pin 3 of the ISD I can start playback. It seems however, that pin 4 of the ISD and CD4093 do not trigger eachother.

I'm not 100% sure if I understand SW3 on the schematic. What's the line starting between P2 and B2 (sw3)? With the switch wired like that input will always go into the TL072, right? (I didn't put it like this on my breadboard btw. I let the input via B2 go to either A1 or C3, and do the same with B5 going to either A4 or C6).

Any voltages I can measure to help verify my breadboard? (+5V and +9V are stable and ok).

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on December 04, 2007, 04:57:26 AM
Thanks for sharing! I'm using common ground all the way. But then again, my breadboarded version is not working yet. Could you explain a bit more why seperating 5v ground grom 9v ground makes sense? (I though the regulator needed a connection to ground -9v ground- to do its regulating work, am I mistaken here? Is ground required by the regulator, or is it created by the regulator?)

Anyone?