Any interest in Fulltone style enclosures?

Started by skiraly017, July 01, 2006, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

This is vaporware right now...just spitballing.

I'm thinking about having some Fulltone style enclosures made. One being the size of the Fulldrive and one maybe 1/2 or 2/3 the size. Would anyone be interested in something like this? What would you be willing to pay? Keep in mind that Fulltone enclosures are (I think) 18ga. steel and that these would have to be custom made. They are not going to be the same price as Hammond/Taiwanese enclosures. If there is enough interest I'll move forward with this and try and get some estimates. Thanks.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

markm

Which model Fulltone enclosure are you thinking about?
I could be interested.

skiraly017

One being the same size as the Fulldrive and one being 1/2 or 2/3 the size of the Fulldrive.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

choklitlove

here's a fulldrive enclosure:

i like the enclosure, but i know the price will probably steer me away.  i like cheap...
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

blanik

the fulldrive enclosure looks interesting... what are the exact dimensions?

R.

stumper1

I would be interested in a few.  Probably smaller sizes.

Deric
DericĀ®

ovnifx

I would be VERY interested in the half or 2/3-size ones.  I'd be good for no more than about $200 total though, and of course the balance tips depending on cost per unit.

jimbob

The pic of the enclosure reminds me of my peavey 3 way foot channel selector enclosure only cut after the second hole. Id be interested in a few depending on the price.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

RedHouse

soggybag

I think I could have a use for a few of these. What are they made out of, aluminum or steel? Can you post a link a description with dimensions?

markm

I could be interested in some of those, depending on price etc.
So for now, count me in.
  MarkM

Gilles C

skiraly017

The Fulldrive is roughly about 4" x 5 5/8" and I think 18 gauge steel. I'm on vacation until next week. When I get I'll look into pricing.

mojotron

I think the fulltone enclosures are 16Ga steel.

Noplasticrobots

Mouser carries 'em, LMB makes 'em; page 469 in the newest catalog. If it's not exact, it's a good workalike. They can be pricey as they get bigger, but it's cheaper than having some made.

Mouser:
http://tinyurl.com/g4rec

LMB link to the enclosure above:
http://www.lmbheeger.com/products.asp?catid=28
I love the smell of solder in the morning.

ovnifx

Just to be finicky, the Hammond and LMB versions are aluminum, not steel.  I actually would prefer steel for this type of structure.

skiraly017

While we're talking about this, any changes or suggestions? Thanks.

vanessa

I've seen these LMB enclosures and they seem a little weak for use as a stompbox. I'm with ovnifx and would prefer steel or a thicker gauge aluminum.

soggybag

I'll third that one. The LMB enclosures are a little too weak to step on with your foot. I also find them too long compared to width.

John Lyons

Few questions:

So how/where are getting these made?
How have you managed to get a decent price?

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/