Boost pedal...Mosfet Boost or Mini-Booster

Started by DaveTV, September 11, 2003, 10:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveTV

I'm looking to build a boost pedal and so far it's a toss up between Jack Orman's Mosfet Boost and the Mini-Booster. Does anybody have any preferences between the two?

petemoore

But for clean the Mosfet is an excellent choice, having the least colorization of the tone compared to the many boosters types I've tried and/or use.
 The LPB 1 is totally a werthy build ands fairly clean, seems to bring the amp sound out of my tube amps.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

Hey DaveTV! I've got a schem for a loud, obnoxious version of the mini-booster. If you'd like to have it just email me. I've gotten into documenting all my mods. I love creating schem files :D

Regardsky

RDV

Marcos - Munky

Hey RDV, send me a e-mail with the booster schematic, looks very cool, and I'm looking for a booster to use in solos. Tell me what more schematics do you have.

dubs

Some here has done a pcb layout for jack's mosfet boost which I'm checking over to make sure it's o.k.

moosapotamus

Quote from: RDVHey DaveTV! I've got a schem for a loud, obnoxious version of the mini-booster. If you'd like to have it just email me. I've gotten into documenting all my mods. I love creating schem files :D

Regardsky

RDV
Hey RDV,
I'd be interested in checking out your loud obnoxious mini-boo, too. Send me?

Thx
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

tomtom

I'm quite interested too, I've built three different mosfet boosters from now with various results (all good).
Another one with mods ideas could be great !

Thanks.
Tom.

mojo_tom@hotmail.com

Phorhas

I'd sure be ultra happy to take a look at your loud obnoxious mini-boo as well, PLZ send it to me?
Electron Pusher