treble/mid boost recommendations

Started by chokeyou, July 05, 2006, 04:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chokeyou

Hey everybody,
I decided at practice today that I want a mid/treble boost to go along with my new amp (74 orange OD120). I've been using dragonfly's booster, and I love the grit It adds to it. Unfortunately, my build seems pretty noisey, there's some buzzy/bug grounding noises with it (maybe due to my godlyke powerall?).. I was able to get the sound I wanted with my vintage rat but that thing is on its way out of here. I run my signal VERY hot, as I love how this amp sounds cranked with a slammed preamp. I was just curious if anybody might have some recommendations for me, as the ever growing schem/layout mess is more than I can keep track of.

On a side note, how bad do the ernie ball volume pedals suck tone? Running my signal hot, its imperitive I have most of my hi's on tap. Which brings me to my next question, whats the best way to get your hands on premade high quality cords with high quality jacks? I'm offloading most of my pedalboard, going minimalistic and probably building all my new stuff into a neat little new pedalboard.