GREEN RINGER PERFBOARD AND PCB LAYOUTS...

Started by Dragonfly, July 05, 2006, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

awaiting verification, but should be correct...original schematic is at www.generalguitargadgets.com

AC

Seljer

Thanks, I've been meaning to build this one on perfboard for a while :)

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

$uperpuma

Listen, I can't build em that fast :)  Dragonfly and Bancika's overachievements rock our world again
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Dragonfly

...if you check Bancika's website, in the "layouts" section there are several new ones added...i just added a super small Duende JFET boost perf/pcb as well....

AC

newbie builder

Sweet- perfect timing for a perf layout since I was just about to build one of these and didn't wanna make my own layout! Nice work!
//

Dragonfly

gaussmarkov checked through the layout and didn't find any errors, so BUILD AWAY !!!!

AC

Fret Wire

Andrew, one question and one suggestion:

Did you add the big text at the top with the DIY software, or did you use MS Paint?

With a pcb that has only V+, Gnd, In, and Out pads, I'd add a few more gnd pads along the bottom to cover jack, switch, LED, and pot (n/a this ckt) grounding needs. Much nicer than soldering all gnd connections to one pad.

Btw, Bancika.....excellent job with the software. :icon_smile: I use Express for schematics and pcbs, but my vero stays on graph paper because I hate pasting, dragging and dropping on MS Paint. Now I can do some vero too. Thanks again!
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

petemoore

I do like at least two pads for ground...it tends to get worked on, , re-heated...I find ground easy when I run an arched wire above board between two perf pads...Good V+ access I like also, because I find myself going from battery supply to PS, and ocassionaly back again to battery/adding circuits..so I make  these points easy to identify and connect to.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

bancika

Quote from: Fret Wire on July 05, 2006, 05:01:29 PM

Did you add the big text at the top with the DIY software, or did you use MS Paint?

With a pcb that has only V+, Gnd, In, and Out pads, I'd add a few more gnd pads along the bottom to cover jack, switch, LED, and pot (n/a this ckt) grounding needs. Mush nicer than soldering all gnd connections to one pad.

Btw, Bancika.....excellent job with the software. :icon_smile: I use Express for schematics and pcbs, but my vero stays on graph paper because I hate pasting, dragging and dropping on MS Paint. Now I can do some vero too. Thanks again!

Tnx :)
Big text is added by program automatically...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Dragonfly

Quote from: Fret Wire on July 05, 2006, 05:01:29 PM

DIY software

With a pcb that has only V+, Gnd, In, and Out pads, I'd add a few more gnd pads along the bottom to cover jack, switch, LED, and pot (n/a this ckt) grounding needs. Mush nicer than soldering all gnd connections to one pad.

i've done that on a few layouts...most recently the Minibooster layout i submitted...i'll start doing it more often...

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on July 05, 2006, 05:09:04 PM
  I do like at least two pads for ground...it tends to get worked on, , re-heated...I find ground easy when I run an arched wire above board between two perf pads...Good V+ access I like also, because I find myself going from battery supply to PS, and ocassionaly back again to battery/adding circuits..so I make  these points easy to identify and connect to.

noted...thanks Pete !

AC

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

wow ! it definitely has some similarities...i worked off the GGG schematic...pretty much worked it straight across, as i'm sure you did...
i can assure you that in no manner, way, shape, or form, did your layout influence me...i hadn't looked it till just now...however, out of respect for you and the work you've done, i will remove my layouts if you wish (which sucks, 'cause then i've wasted my time...but oh well)

let me know if you'd like me to remove it....

AC

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

No problem. You're right, it's the logical way to lay the board from the schematic. But they do look similar :)

And I hope to influence the other guys making layouts, that's the whole point.

I guess I assumed too much. ::)

Rock on! ;D
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on July 05, 2006, 08:09:26 PM
No problem. You're right, it's the logical way to lay the board from the schematic. But they do look similar :)

And I hope to influence the other guys making layouts, that's the whole point.

I guess I assumed too much. ::)

Rock on! ;D

no worries, bro....we're all working toward the same goal...to learn, and hopefully help others learn as well.

AC

btw..for those who "haven't" visited www.tonepad.com , you should...it's full of great FX and amp projects !