WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THEM ALL?

Started by Stephen, July 06, 2006, 03:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

We love to build pedals but I cant stop at one. I do one more than one more etc........................ :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

WHAT do you do with them all......... ???

jimbob

Im in the same boat. I keep them on a shelf and compare them to my commercial ones.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Mark Hammer

Some I sell.  Some I use primarily for reference purposes.  Some I use when I play.  Others serve primarily as sourceas of parts to cannibalize.  All of them, however, demand a sacrifice to the 9v battery god.  Happily, since I don't ever leave anything plugged in for more than a few minutes at a time, I get to re-juice batteries a bit in the charger and keep them going just a little longer.

burnt fingers

So far I've basically built stuff I didn't have.  I use some of it some of the time and one or two all of the time.  I've given a few away.  I sacrificed my first two builds for parts (simple booster which i just built to get started). 

I'm good for about one complete build boxed up and running every two or three months so I guess Ive got a way to go before I get into trouble.

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

petemoore

I sold one.
 Donated two, but I'm thinking of repossing them since they've only become shelf items there.
 Piles of haff scavenged perfboards show how many projects I've disassembled. Probably more than 100 boards if you count the working without boxes circuits.
 The rest are mounted on 1/4'' by 4'' x 16'', and a second 12'' length boards, hinged with seat belt, slim, light, can hardly be seen...fits in suitcase folded!!!...in RACO and other type boxes.
 Today my luv of BMP had it replacing a FF and EQ on the board, the EZ Vibe w/treadlespeed went where the PHase 90 was, The MosBoost/DIST+ got a PS jack...
 I've had a FF in the lineup for years, but the *BMP just had to be on there...it has mods of course and can enjoy the Mosfet Boost also sometimes. After extensive A/B tests, the *Thick Lead Tones of this PNP BMP prevailed !!!
  Aughhh...choosing Distortions...
  Which oneS
  More functionally...which ones to NOT have available a click away...
  Trying ones of every type and modding and testing and tweeking and comparing...a long road can be navigated before satisfaction is realized, I think some of the satisfaction is had in just the 'traveling' part...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jonathan perez

i string them on nylon wire, place 5 beads of macaroni in between each pedal and wear them as a necklace of solitude.
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

ovnifx

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on July 06, 2006, 04:05:20 PM
i string them on nylon wire, place 5 beads of macaroni in between each pedal and wear them as a necklace of solitude.
Good answer!  We could all learn a lesson here.

blanik

they are like peanuts in the shell... you start with one... hmmm... good, then a second...
actually i build the ones i don't have (out of curiosity...) like the TS, i don't really need one but hey... you never know...  :icon_wink:

alderbody

I usually build whatever i need, so the answer is: i use them.

OK, not all together, but only very few of them see the light rarely.

they all rest in a deep drawer with the most useful ones being on top...

Gilles C

It's like puzzles or books. Once you finished one,  let it sleep in a box, and start a new one. It's just a hobby.

The goal is also to learn something new with every build. And only the best stay alive and get a box.

Gilles

markm

My wife asks the same question!  :-X

petemoore

Quite a 'collage' you have there MarkM...nice lookin' boxes !!

markm

ummmmm
it's the tip of the iceberg so to speak.
I have some hidden around here too!
Don't tell anyone.....  :-X

petemoore

Your secret is safe with us :icon_wink:.

WGTP

I have limited myself to distortions to try and minimize/control the obsession/damage.  After 1/2 dozen I started building them on small RS breadboards.  I mess with them until something else comes along, dismantle and replace with something new, like when the Vulcan's came out.  I seem to be obsessed with dual op amp distoritons for the last year.  I guess they must sound cool/be very tweakable.  A significant tweak is like having a new distortion.  The first 1/2 dozen sit in the drawer because I use my tube amp and distorion when I play to establish a reference.   :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Stephen

I have it  ;D....HOOKED on 4049 chips desease.....

I tweak out all kinds of pre gain and 4049 chips.....closest thing to a metal zone I find from BOSS..

Now I am messing with my germanium three circuit trannys that didnt work...bought some new trannys will try to tweak out!!

All I can do is buy ,build,bang than ,blow them out of here and start over....

$uperpuma

I try to trade when I can, but I mostly build ones I want for myself...I'm still a newb in this game... my goal is to learn something with every single build.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.