The White Elephant: schematic for a tube-ified Distortion+

Started by bradd lustfünd, July 15, 2006, 04:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradd lustfünd

This circuit has been on a wild ride this year...and now here it is for your building pleasure.  I have no idea how it sounds on regular guitar, but it sounds great on bass guitar. 

Schem at pic here (scroll down to the second article):
http://lustfund.livejournal.com/ 

syndromet

Since I haven't built a Dist+ yet, and I want to start messing with tubes, this seems just perfect. Thank you!!!

I would love to hear a soundclip of this!
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

dano12

I followed your Dist+tube design over on HC, looks like a really nice job. Thanks much for sharing.

bradd lustfünd

This is a gut shot of the first version.  The wiring was just temporary at that point...hence it looking like crap!

I'll probably be limiting my online posting to making entries in my journal soon.  The whole "try to sell a few pedals online" thing I tried a few months ago with the Distortion+ mod really made me realise that I need to forget about what everybody else is doing or what everybody else wants and just concentrate on doing my own thing for my own personal enjoyment.  In fact, I think I'll change the name of this pedal to "The White Elephant" in honor of my brief experience with the boutique pedal trade.

Zen and the Art of DIY Stompboxes  ;D

toneman

interesting Tooobs....   :icon_smile:

thanx 4 the photos!!   :)

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

bradd lustfünd

Screaming tubes glowing under the power of 50 gazillion AC volts!  Yep...get yer vintage toob tone here  :icon_mrgreen:

Bernardduur

Wow.....

Must......build.......it.........into my pedal
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

petemoore

This got me to thinking and whippin' out the Shaka Tube [tube part only] and placing it after effects before Reverb and testing it out again.
  That lit the fuze, and I managed to fit the tube into a tall RACO with tube protector, sticking out the side, 3PDT Sw, 2 knobs, and then the Wall Warts I used to power the circuit and heater went into a steel 6'' x 5'' x 3.5'' H.Duty box [barely crammed in]...the boxes are fastened side to side and PS leads through access holes.
  The unit sounds great, loves fuzzs/boosts/cleans before it, and is approximately 8x the size of your Tube-ified Dist+  :icon_biggrin:. Probably wieghs a bit more also...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.