new etched design. pretty.

Started by darron, July 24, 2006, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

some pretty pics i wanted to share before i finish this off and submit it to the pics thread with a special thanks to the guys who helped. this is my first enclosure that wasn't just a box with holes in it.

i think the logo on the top panel is a good effect and makes it look more pro
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

QSQCaito

that's damn nice, i'd also paint the top of the DPDT with that shining paint.. :D just my opinion

bye bye

DAC
D.A.C

newbie builder

//

darron

thanks for your feedback QSQCaito and newbie (:

Somicide

Nice!  What did you use for the glowing effect on it?
Peace 'n Love

darron

Quote from: Somicide on July 25, 2006, 01:05:19 AM
Nice!  What did you use for the glowing effect on it?

that was just me stuffing around in photoshop. i though it'd chuck that in since it looked cool.

since i had the exact digital image i used for the PnP etch on my computer i overlayed it over a photo of the real unit, and distorted the perspective until it matched perfectly. added some glow effect and bade the background a bit darker.

Somicide

hmm, if that's a UV LED (warning: probably not a good idea!) you could always fill the etch with something flourescent for that kind of effect on stage...
Peace 'n Love

darron

Quote from: Somicide on July 25, 2006, 03:34:14 AM
hmm, if that's a UV LED (warning: probably not a good idea!) you could always fill the etch with something flourescent for that kind of effect on stage...

i havn't actually got an led mounted in it yet. nor a power socket. the poor trainee at jaycar electronics (australian chain) handed me clear/white LEDs over the counter rather than clear/blue. I will put a blue led in there though.

I was thinking about using uv leds, but thought they'd probably be inefficient in terms of the emmitence to power consumption ratio. why do you want to warn me against them? can they give you skin cancer or anything by the way? lol

MartyMart

Fantastic job Darron , well done :D
I've just GOT to try that etching process .....

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Burstbucker

These etched pedals are just TOO cool, very nice work!
8^)

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Somicide

Quote from: darron on July 25, 2006, 03:41:26 AM
Quote from: Somicide on July 25, 2006, 03:34:14 AM

i havn't actually got an led mounted in it yet. nor a power socket. the poor trainee at jaycar electronics (australian chain) handed me clear/white LEDs over the counter rather than clear/blue. I will put a blue led in there though.

I was thinking about using uv leds, but thought they'd probably be inefficient in terms of the emmitence to power consumption ratio. why do you want to warn me against them? can they give you skin cancer or anything by the way? lol
search for "UV +LED" there was a huge thread about it.
Peace 'n Love

darron

thanks somicide. i've wondered about that before but never looked it up. i've never used an led im any devices because i thought it would at least be inefficient in terms of the light it puts out that i would actually see.

Somicide

LED's put out a fsck-ton of light, if applied right (high brightness, and right resistor).  I have an LED flashlight with 6 Superbright blue LEDS, and it's brighter than the halogen-bulb option on it. 
Peace 'n Love