Substitute for a TL062?

Started by Paul Marossy, July 27, 2006, 06:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Anyone know of some good subs? Is there one?

cd

A TL072 works in most cases.  The TL06x series is simply a low power (but higher noise) variant of the TL08x series.

Paul Marossy

Tim Escobedo

NJM062, LF442 (which seems to be defunct). The former is carried inexpensively by Mouser, I believe.

They are similar to the TL07x series, only with about 1/10th the power requirements, and slightly higher noise specs.

Paul Marossy

Thanks for the info Tim. I'm actually asking because I'm going to build the T.M.K. this weekend. I know any number of opamps would work, but I want to get as close as I can to the TL062 specs...

brett

Hi
On a related topic: What is closest to the TL022? (for a Maestro MFZ-1).

I'm concerned that I'll affect tone if I don't get the TL022's low gain-bandwith product (0.5MHz).  The alternatives include the TL062(1MHz) and TL072(4MHz).

In a Maestro MFZ-1, which runs at a gain of 500, that 0.5 MHz bandwidth product of the original TL022 will cut some highs for sure.
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

lovekraft0

NJR is making the NJM022, although it looks like they may have "improved" somewhat on that GBP spec (looks closer to 1MHz in the datasheet, but that's spec'd at +/-15V supply).

Has anybody tried any of the CMOS rail-to-rail duals as subs for the TL0X2 series? I tried a couple of TI TLC2262s for a simple onboard EQ project and was very pleased with the results, but they're simply too expensive (~$1.00 ea., even in quantity 100). I just received a handful of NJU7062s, so I'll soon find out how well they work  - anybody got any other (hopefully inexpensive) recommendations?

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

The LF442 is still about, at least at Jameco, Mouser & Digikey. I havn't used t though.
So far as CMOS op amps go, always check the max power rail voltage.. some are suprisingly low (well, suprising to people like me who prefer +-15V rails.. zzzzzzzzzzap :icon_redface:

cd

I would not be overly concerned with the TL022 in the MFZ-1.  There's so much more going on that the opamp makes little difference.  Use a socket and sub in a 1458 or some other dual 741.

Paul Marossy

Is a TL062 a CMOS opamp? I think I have some CMOS opamps - obsolete ones, but they ought to work...

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the data sheet for it. It's a low-power JFET opamp.

Tim Escobedo

IMO, the TL062/NJM062 work best in the TMK.

Be aware that odd op amps like the low power TLO22 can get kinda weird when used in audio circuits, especially at higher gains. This seems common with such specialized op amps.

Paul Marossy

Well, a TL082 seems to work fine. The circuit doesn't appear to like anything other than a JFET type opamp, though. It wouldn't work at all with a 1458!  :icon_confused: