Easy Vibe 1K trim pot...15 turn, 22 turn, 25 turn, multi-turn???

Started by skiraly017, July 29, 2006, 01:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

I'm trying to find a 1k trim pot for the Easy Vibe, but Mouser has all these different "turn" values.

A) What's a "turn"?
B) Why the different amounts of turn?
C) Which one would be best for the Easy Vibe?

Thanks.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

no one ever

What do you do to knobs? You turn them.

The pot you know and love has one turn.

Multi turn pots take more than one turn to go from their lowest value to their highest value. This is so that whatever setting you choose is more precise.
(chk chk chk)

QSQCaito

A)A Turn is one complete rotation.

B) Pots used normally have a bit less than one turn. Different amounts of turn give more/less precision.

C)I don't know, sry :P

bye bye, hope it helps

DAC
D.A.C

GibsonGM

that trim pot is a trim pot, in the actual sense of the word (as in, it is set and forget, and inside the effect).  When I  made my EV, I used a very small 1 turn PCB-mount pot, the same kind I use for breadboarding.  Its function is to set the range of the LED's in the filter sections, allowing them to go from pretty much off to their brightest.   Depending on what LEDs and OA's you're using, you could wind up with a mostly-on situation, where they don't sweep properly.  So you adjust them...depth pot set a little back from full, and adjust the trimmer for a good sweep & sound.  Then button up the enclosure and you're in business...

Mulit-turn trimmers offer finer adjustment, but for this application would I think be overkill and a little frustrating  ;)  So get the 1 turn
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...