Tiny tremulus lune doubts.

Started by QSQCaito, July 31, 2006, 07:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QSQCaito

Hello all! Tomorrow im going to buy couple of stuff to create the fet matcher, remote bypass, ross compressor and for the tremulus lune. Revising my notes, i saw i've got couple of doubts left.

All pots are linear right, the trim pot(if not wrong) is gain, it should be log(a) right??

And.. also, can i replace the trim pot for a 25k regular pot?, a or b, don't know which..

The lfo led is just a normal led that shows as the speed of the tremulus right? any prefered voltage?

Well and last, but not least,  is there any mod recommended fot the tremulus lune and/or the ross compressor, so i buy the parts tomorrow.

Thanks a lot from advanced.

Bye bye

DAC.
D.A.C

Branimir

Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

QSQCaito

Thanks a lot! I'll take a look at them.

bye bye

DAC
D.A.C

QSQCaito

One more question, for general audio purposes(in this case stompboxes) it's prefered to use plastic caps right, such as polyester?
I was told ceramic caps sound "dirtier"

thanks a lot
bye

DAC
D.A.C

sfr

I like film caps, but probably mostly because it's what I have.  I can't tell the difference in sound between film and ceramic caps.  Certainly, if audio signal is not passing through the cap, it shouldn't matter what you use as long as it's the right spec.
sent from my orbital space station.

QSQCaito

D.A.C

calpolyengineer

Good luck finding a log trim pot. With a trim pot, the taper doesn't matter because you aren't constantly changing it. Since you will be setting this pot once (maybe adjust it every once in a great while) the taper does not matter at all, the same resistances are in there somewhere.

-Joe