Joe Davisson's Obsidian T vero layout

Started by Xavier, August 02, 2006, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

I've been always curious about this circuit. It is said to be phenomenal through a SS clean amp (which is my case). I might give it a go. I can't remember having seen any layout for this project , so here it goes for all the DIY fellas here. :icon_mrgreen:

NOTE: There are trace cuts under R11, R12 and R17, which appear to be semi-transparent as they are under the resistors. This is how Bancika's software works.

What a GREAT piece of software, btw. It makes drawing these boards a breeze...

EDIT: Transistors have been rotated 180ยบ so now they appear exactly how they should be placed (flat side facing right). Thanks Dragonfly

petemoore

Hot Circuit !!!
  Verified?
  Thanks for sharing the work Xavier :icon_cool:

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Xavier

I think it is now. After you asked I've corrected an error where I took Tone 3 before the 33K (not after).

I've corrected it and now it looks all well and good.....

Please let me know if you find out any errors, but again I think it's OK.

BTW the transistor pinout is CBE (from upper to lower)

I guess I'll build it at some point, but if anybody tries it first please let me know.

Stompin Tom

Thanks Xavier... I've been looking at this one, too. It'll probably be some time before I get a chance to build, though.

MartyMart

Nice one , Joe's circuits are fantastic !! :D

MM>
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: Xavier on August 02, 2006, 09:59:58 AM

its pretty easy to "rotate" the transistors 180 degrees so that they visually *appear* as you'd put them in...

REALLY nice layout, btw...

AC

Xavier

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 02, 2006, 01:14:47 PM
Quote from: Xavier on August 02, 2006, 09:59:58 AM

its pretty easy to "rotate" the transistors 180 degrees so that they visually *appear* as you'd put them in...

REALLY nice layout, btw...

AC

Done . Ask and ye shall receive  :icon_mrgreen:

BTW I've been checking the other circuits and they appear to be really similar. The Vulcan is worth the build after having tried the Obsidian? same kind of sound?.....

MartyMart

Build the "JFet Vulcan" that sounds different and is truely a superb high gainer :D

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Xavier

Quote from: MartyMart on August 02, 2006, 01:46:26 PM
Build the "JFet Vulcan" that sounds different and is truely a superb high gainer :D

MM.

Thanks Marty !! How would you compare it against what is known alrady (Boogey, bsiab, chaos....this one I didn't like..)

hari

peace...