Easy Vibe not so easy. Will these work for the LED/LDR assemblies?

Started by skiraly017, August 03, 2006, 05:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

Finished my Easy Vibe last night. It didn't work right away but I'm not ready to give up just yet. After reading what I think were all the trouble shooting threads I think I have some ideas as to what the problem(s) might be. While reading the threads, someone pointed out these as a possibility for use as the LED/LDR assemblies. Any thoughts? Thanks.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Big Red

damn those are cheap. curse my loyalty to Smallbear :D

I'm working on a easyvibe right now too, but I used the recommend leds and photocells from smallbear.
I'm just waiting for my switch to come in so I can box it up and try it out.

I hope you get yours working. let me know how it turns out!

Torchy

I used those on mine (and on the Tremulus Lune). Worked just fine.

RedHouse

I've used them on a univibe (not easyvibe) and they work great.

I used a X-acto knife and cut them in two, they separate easily and the LDR is quite useful w/o the LED.

GibsonGM

What's the problem, Skiraly? What is (or isn't) happening with the EV?  I used the smallbear recommended LDRs and LED's, just stuck 'em together with some wire insulation as a tube.   
Does your oscillator work at all?   I learned quite a bit about debugging that baby when I made mine, LOL
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

skiraly017

Quote from: GibsonGM on August 03, 2006, 09:15:28 PM
What's the problem, Skiraly? What is (or isn't) happening with the EV? 

I didn't want to say anything until I had exhausted all my possibilities (read "I swear I used the SEARCH function").

1) Very faint sound when pedal is engaged.
2) Center 4 LED's aren't lighting.
3) Loud pop in the chorus/vibe switch.

I'm not giving up, just thinking things through.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

GibsonGM

Did you use the same LED's in the power biasing section as in the filter sections?
Perfboard or do you have a PCB?  I'd re-check my component orientation, too, esp. diodes and stuff....you'll get it  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...