TS-9 Current Limiter

Started by scotsman, August 03, 2006, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsman

I've searched the board but cannot find out which resistor is the LED current limiter on my Ibanez TS-9.  There was a post on the "old" board but the link is dead now.  Best I can tell is I think it's above #4 and #5 on the offboard wiring.  Anyone have any thoughts or know?!

goosonique

there should be a red or orange wire from the led + back to the board ....trace that and you got it !!
Sometimes followed by a Zener diode ... btw... my advice if its nothing wrong just leave it !!!

oooh nice pic tho ....
<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

Fret Wire

Look at the bottom of the board. Directly above wire #7 is the led resistor (mounted sideways). Straight above the resistor is the led zener diode (with it's body to the right of the flat side of the tranny.

If I remeber right, the led resistor is 100 ohms. If you want to use different leds, and more normal resistor values, pull the zener and replace with a simple jumper wire. Then, you can use regular resistor limiting values.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

scotsman

Quote from: Fret Wire on August 04, 2006, 12:08:13 AM
Look at the bottom of the board. Directly above wire #7 is the led resistor (mounted sideways). Straight above the resistor is the led zener diode (with it's body to the right of the flat side of the tranny.

If I remeber right, the led resistor is 100 ohms. If you want to use different leds, and more normal resistor values, pull the zener and replace with a simple jumper wire. Then, you can use regular resistor limiting values.

Thanks Fret Wire,  It's nice to finally be able to see the LED from more then 5 feet away!