Tim E's Harmonic Jerkulator built

Started by Ge_Whiz, August 05, 2006, 08:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ge_Whiz

The Three Laws of Ge_Whiz pedal building:

1. If ROG designed it, it'll work;
2. If Tim Escobedo likes it, I like it;
3. You can never have too many distortions.

On the basis of 2 and 3 above, I built the 'Harmonic Jerkulator' this morning. I like it, I really like it. Great traditional fuzz. Recommended.

smank

I disagree to the point 3...  ;D
I've realized different distortion boxes and actually my pedalboard contains: RAT, BSIAB 2, 2 transistors Fuzz (Ge and Si version), Big Muff, TS, Shredmaster. All DIY pedals and all with my personal mods :icon_lol:. So, I agree that ROG and Tim Escobedo are a great source of ideas, but you need also to experiment yourself... just to find a sligth difference... or simply just to try what happens modifying this resistor or that cap, or changing this transistor... (obviously you need a small tech knowledge, but if you haven't it this i a great place to read a lot of words about...).
I use all the boxes in my pedalboard: one can work better with the strat, others can be a nirvana for the humbuckers... but I like to obtain different sounds with them.

In this days I'm starting to work on the Jerkulator (or The Brick, the Doug Hammond version of the Perculator).
But I would try also the ROG Eighteen, the ROG Professor Tweed and probably a clone of the Rust Driver.
Probably there is no more place in my pedalboard... but doesn't matter...

smank

>> 3. You can never have too many distortions.

Ops... I've no understood... !!!  :'(
Reading better I agree!!!
Sorry...
Sometimes my english falls...