Triggered filter to work on

Started by StephenGiles, August 09, 2006, 04:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Oh yes, I deleted it instead of moving it - should have left it alone this evening! Thanks Snap.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

R.G.

Quotein the new schem, why switch the current-intensive output of IC1d instead of its noninverting input?
Because what you want when the one-shot times out is not a zero voltage from IC1D, but a high impedance so the capacitor can run down through the sweep resistors. If you only switch the input, then the output of IC1D drives the cap ... fast... to wherever its input goes. Not a sweep.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

snap

so you could sample&hold the envelope voltage at the input with 1 or 2 of the leftover bilateral switches plus a small cap for the time the oneshot is "on".

StephenGiles

I've updated to version 3.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/uncle_boko/CamillaFilter3.gif

Hopefully I'll spend some time breadboading this later.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

R.G.

Just as a final fillip to play with:

If you can make one filter sweep up and one down, then up during the sweep and you also get the frequencies righ, this will produce a sweep through several vowel sounds...
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

StephenGiles